• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well maybe we are favourites now
We would have been anyway in home conditions for mine.

People often have short memories after seeing Aust performing strongly at home. They got thrashed 5-0 in South Africa a few months back, and generally don't perform nearly as well in ODIs overseas. Saying nothing about the fact NZ beat them in the series here last year when they were at full strength and NZ were without Taylor and a couple of others. And honestly, we should have won that series 3-0, but allowed the Aust tail to get them home in the 2nd ODI after being well on top.

The 1st game was an absolutely routing too 1st ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, Feb 3, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Australia were hardly full strength last time they came... their bowling attack was Hastings, Richardson, Boland and Hazelwood.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looking like it will be a classic Chappell-Hadlee Series this one

ie. almost all of Australia's main players rested

Poor scheduling so close to India tour I guess
Yep very poor. This should have been played in place of the Pak series. Our test boys need all the warm up time for India they can get. Why there is no red ball cricket at this time of the year needs a looking into .

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia were hardly full strength last time they came... their bowling attack was Hastings, Richardson, Boland and Hazelwood.
Other than Boland that is a good ODI attack in my view. I am disappointed Richardson has not been picked this time...instead of the green Billy Stanlake.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Other than Boland that is a good ODI attack in my view. I am disappointed Richardson has not been picked this time...instead of the green Billy Stanlake.
Kane Richardson hasn't played a game at State / Franchise level since his injury, so I don't think he is that important where he'd suddenly make the national team after a game or two in South Australian club cricket.

FTR, I like our bowling unit. Stanlake is obviously the most debatable selection, however I don't necessarily think someone like Richardson who's main skill his death bowling, is needed so much with this squad.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
part of me wants him to play a blinder so we can have some great headlines

amazing Head leaves NZ in awe

Blackcaps give Head amazing performance

to think I'm going to be teaching kids in less than a week