• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had no idea this started tomorrow, thought this came after the Pakistan series in a tri-series format. Must be dreaming.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This series represents the very worst of modern cricket. Players could be playing to stake their claims to an Australian team test cap at a crucial time. Instead, they're playing this ****. What ********.
Yeah but with the cricketing seasons of RSA, NZ and Aus clashing as much as they do, and now that India also seem to have their season at the same time, it is very difficult to have the old style of having teams tour and play all tests, ODIs etc. We have to get used to such broken tours and random ODI series thrown in as part of the modern game, I guess.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Had no idea this started tomorrow, thought this came after the Pakistan series in a tri-series format. Must be dreaming.
I miss the tri-series, even if it wasn't that popular with spectators or whatever because of the 'boring' neutral vs neutral.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Hopefully it's nothing that will distract from a result. I seem to recall NZ were poised to take the last ODI series played in Aust conditions when the rain came to save Australia at the nick of time.
Yeah, that game was too funny. Decider reduced to some 20 overs and NZ chasing 150 odd. Guptill playing a terrific innings, even hitting Johnson out of the park, while everyone else is getting themselves out in stupid ways. Then Brendon Diamanti (in his first and only ODI?) joins in and he and Guppy are having what looks to be a matchwinning partnership. Ponting can be seen shouting "What the ****'s going on here?".

Then the rain came, it's as if the rain gods decided they couldn't allow that to happen.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
lol at aussies who didn't remember the CH series around 2007. some ATG ODIs in there. The game in Hamilton was ****ing incredible, electric atmosphere

Regarding NZ team selection, interested to see Southee making it into most XIs. Surely Henry has his ODI spot nailed, southee has been absolute mud in ODIs and I'd rather see the Henry/Ferguson/Boult combo

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
lol at aussies who didn't remember the CH series around 2007. some ATG ODIs in there. The game in Hamilton was ****ing incredible, electric atmosphere

Regarding NZ team selection, interested to see Southee making it into most XIs. Surely Henry has his ODI spot nailed, southee has been absolute mud in ODIs and I'd rather see the Henry/Ferguson/Boult combo
Thinking back to England last year, would prefer Southee and Boult not playing much ODI cricket, need them to be fit as possible for tests. This series is an exception of course with all the injuries, but would much rather see Henry/Milne/McCleneghan do the bulk of the work in limited overs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Southee bowled well in India, was outstanding in the Pakistan Test series, he's there in the XI today. Granted he's been mud for long periods in ODIs, including the World Cup (minus England) but was in Test cricket too and wasn't dropped. I dunno, I feel like he has an alpha dog thing going on with Henry and I want to see more of it. Ferguson is there for when we're 2-0 up into the dead rubber. Whilst he's quick and I want to see him bowl too, he could go for 8-10 an over on the right deck - doesn't swing it. Needs to learn his international craft before he'll become effective.

I'm suitably fizzed up about this game. I know all my fellow NZers are too.

BeeGee

International Captain
The Chappell-Hadlee series in 07 probably reignited my love of cricket. Outstanding scenes. As mentioned earlier everyone in New Zealand can probably remember that series as I likely realise these series are largely insignificant to most Australians. Just let us have our moments!!! Haha.

That 3rd ODI, Mark Gillespie played the most extraordinary innings, almost every shot he played was an inside edge or french cut for runs.
Here you go.

Shady Slim

International Coach
would prefer the tri series but like this more than the random odis tacked after a test series from the same nation

Shady Slim

International Coach
tbh hate it when new zealand tours bc we get reminded of how much our anthem sucks ass compared to yours