• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is overreacting to overreaction a purposeful irony, or what's going on...
Haha yeah bingo. I'm all for calling people out when they're constantly & unnecessarily negative about any side going around, but jfc, if people can't bag NZ on the back of that bowling & fielding display, you can't really call it a cricket forum.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
We seriously need a more dynamic number 3.

Maybe opening with Kane isn't a bad idea if it gets him out of that crucial position.

He doesn't have a third or fourth gear, he might be our Azhar Ali.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Painful to watch this from KW, but worth noting Aus are sticking to the bowl well outside off plan in way NZ didn't with Smith.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cummins to Neesham, FOUR, back of a length and outside off, Neesham stands tall and hits through the line. Punched away on the up between extra cover and point. First boundary by a NZ batsman other than Guptill
Amazing.

Meridio

International Regular
Have only just turned this on but fmd we're hitting the fielders a lot. Can't afford to play so many dot balls when chasing such a big total.

vcs

I like BJ and Head both.
BJ started out nice and slow but then blew it. No stamina I think.
Head really giving 'em a blow!
Head stroking is excellent.
Commentators please! Please do not use the words "crunching", "blow" and "head" in the same sentence. It makes the big fella retract into one's body :-(
Young head ... me like. 18+ of course.
Never gets old. Look forward to your work when SA play.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
We seriously need a more dynamic number 3.

Maybe opening with Kane isn't a bad idea if it gets him out of that crucial position.

He doesn't have a third or fourth gear, he might be our Azhar Ali.
I agree. Perhaps Guptill and Kane to open. Yes, it's putting all your eggs in one basket but when you're chasing 350+ you have to take big risks.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I like the way the commentators are trying to make out as if this is still some sort of contests. It's over. It's been over for a while.

Zinzan

Painful to watch this from KW, but worth noting Aus are sticking to the bowl well outside off plan in way NZ didn't with Smith.
Got to be a conscious decision to ensure they don't lose a wicket until perhaps the 20th overs regardless, but poor tactic for mine, mainly because it won't get any easier to score fast, it will get more difficult as the ball gets old.

Blocky

Banned
I just really hate this tactic by NZ and it seems to be a regression since the days of Baz where they look to bat time and launch at the end, it means every now and again you'll have an amazing chase, but you put yourself in a position where everything has to go your way.

3.2 RPO this partnership...

And as I write that, finally Williamson does something.