• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Cricket in Napier bringing rain and Hawkes Bay droughts, go hand in hand. The cycle will never be broken.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, sorry I asked looking at that.

I stayed at a B&B on that beachfront back in about 07 or 08 when I went to Napier to play* Cape Kidnappers. Was run by a French bloke who used to be in the Foreign Legion. Had some good stories to tell.

It's a beautiful city, if anyone is interested in going there. Everything Art Deco.

*Hack around and lose about 30 balls.

_Ed_

Unbelievable. They've had less than 1.5mm of rain since January 3, and today they're going to get 8.9.

But they're still not forecasting much from afternoon onwards, so hopefully we'll get underway at some point.

Zinzan

What's it drain like in Napier?

There's a massive winery on top of the hill about two kilometres or so from the centre of town in Napier. It's an extraordinary house and so close to the centre of town, it's awesome. Has views over the ground as well.

Mission Estate Winery :: New Zealand Winery, Hawke’s Bay Wineries
Took me ex along with some other couples there a few years back, magnificent Winery! Stayed in the farmhouse, highly recommend it.

Burgey

Yeah it's stunning. Just a shame a lot of the wine in the region is Sauv Blanc. Not much of a fan these days, prefer Chardonnay, but there's plenty of good ones about there too. Would love to go back for a week or so. Top spot.

_Ed_

Unfortunately the drainage at McLean Park isn't great IIRC - especially just in front of the big stand.

Zinzan

Looks like they'll be lucky to get underway before 4pm, assuming it stops raining. That outfield looks pretty wet. I'm predicting a 30 over aside game at best.