• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NatWest Series Preview: England (article)

Rich2001

International Captain
Hi Neil

I have just read your article about NatWest Series, and I think I will have to disagree with your probable team against Sri Lanka, I think that the team that will start will be

Batsmen

Trescothick - (part-time bowler if required)
Knight
Hussain (c)
Thorpe
Vaughan - (part-time bowler if required)
Stewart (w)

All Rounders

Irani - 4th bowler (where you said Collingwood)
Flintoff - 2nd or 3rd bowler

Bowlers

Giles - 5th bowler
Tudor - 2nd or 3rd bowler
Hoggard - 1st bowler (where you said Kirtley)

Batting goes right down to 10 with only Hoggard being the only weak link, and the team would have 5 out and out bowlers and 2 part-timers.

[Edited on 6/23/02 by Neil Pickup]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, these things are always debatable. I'll put the either/ors on the preview if it makes you happy :D - and we'll see who's picked come Thursday.

Kimbo

International Debutant
sorry rich, just thought it was only fair that you know, its article not artical.
Trescothick - (part-time bolwer if required)
Knight
Hussain (c)
Thorpe
Vaughan - (part-time bolwer if required)
Stewart (w)

All Rounders

Irani - 4th bolwer (where you said Collingwood)
Flintoff - 2nd or 3rd bolwer

Bolwers

Giles - 5th bolwer
Tudor - 2nd or 3rd bolwer
Hoggard - 1st bolwer (where you said Kirtley)

Batting goes right down to 10 with only Hoggard being the only weak link, and the team would have 5 out and out bolwers and 2 part-timers.
also.. this is a little more obvious. bowler, not bolwer.
sorry, i have no intelligent remarks on the england side

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sorted all those typos :) I'd have thought you could have spelt bowler right at least once, with it being a fundamental part of cricket and all.. :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Hey you are lucky that there were only those few, I wrote the post in under 2 mins, as I have one of these connections that Disconnect after 2 hours and I only had 2 mins left before it ran out.

And as you saw I didn't get chance to spell check it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, after today it doesn't look like Hoggard. 7-0-63-0! Against Wales! Appalling at best. He's not a one-day bowler anyway, I'd rather have had Mullally in the squad.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hey you are lucky that there were only those few, I wrote the post in under 2 mins, as I have one of these connections that Disconnect after 2 hours and I only had 2 mins left before it ran out.

And as you saw I didn't get chance to spell check it.
If it disconnects, I wouldn't have thought it automatically closes the browser - Back in the days of crappy 56k modems, mine never did!

Marc (smug with his relatively new braodband connection)

Rich2001

International Captain
If it disconnects, I wouldn't have thought it automatically closes the browser - Back in the days of crappy 56k modems, mine never did!

Marc (smug with his relatively new braodband connection)
No I don't think it does close the browser, but it brings up that page can't be displayed. I think

Give me 40 mins 15 sec and I will tell you :D

[Edited on 6/24/02 by Rich2001]