• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where will Jimmy finish?

listento_me

U19 Captain
Currently, the Baron of Burnley is 9th in the all time list of cricketing wicket takers. Where do you guys think he will end up?

He will absolutely over take Vaas and possibly Waqar but can he do more than Pollock's 829?

The task becomes harder as Jimmy doesn't play T20s and isn't a regular ODI player either.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Really?

He seems to have recovered very well from his recent injury and is likely to carry on for tests for a minimum of 2 more seasons. That will help him above Vaas no problem, possibly Waqar.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think he only has 1 more year of international cricket in him
Yeah - I've got mixed feelings about him touring Aus next winter.
It's a pretty unforgiving tour for guys who are a bit past their peak, which I suspect he will be and the prospect of him being marmalised out there doesn't appeal.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't really see there being many quality bowlers that are ready yet to replace him so imo he has quite a bit of leeway and he's still performing well when he plays. He may be past his peak but I'd wager he is better than the alternatives.

Wood is always injured and hasn't proved a whole lot yet.
Woakes looks like he might be getting there but it's still less than a year since he has been worth his place. He's in the final xi with Anderson anyway.
Finn isn't displacing anyone.

The odi group (Jordan, Willey, Topley, Plunkett) aren't threatening his place.

And there is no youngster (Currans, C Overton, Fisher, Helm, Stone) that I really think is at international level yet.

But still you don't really know when the end is near.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, I was worried that the summer just gone might be his last, but I'm no longer feeling that the end is in sight. He does seem to be picking up more injuries, though, and it'll only take one bad one to properly mess him up. Barring any such injuries, I think he'll retire at the end of the 2018 summer.

indiaholic

International Captain
Think all this talk of finishing is premature. Can surely edge his way through 2-3 more years. The end will be happier that way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah - I've got mixed feelings about him touring Aus next winter.
It's a pretty unforgiving tour for guys who are a bit past their peak, which I suspect he will be and the prospect of him being marmalised out there doesn't appeal.
Have you seen them bat lately? He'll average about 7 on that tour with the ball

Groundking

International Debutant
Statistically the dude is having the best year of his life in 2016, with 41 @ 20.82, so I think he's like a good fine wine, just getting better with age, but the big worry is the number of injuries that he's picking up now, every series he's having a problem and missing games, which is a worry as it (theoretically) gets harder to come back from injury each time, but so far he's doing just fine and should get another 3 years out of him IMO.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I couldn't care less about the combined wicket tally of all formats. Cricket has history beyond the last 3 decades.