• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Willis - The Analyst

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have been watching a lot of his clips today and boy, he doesn't hold back, does he? :laugh:

I don't know if he's good at what he does but he is very entertaining. Feel free to post your favorite clips here.

indiaholic

International Captain
Half the fun is watching other people squirm around him. And Daemon is right, he is at his best when ranting about Harper.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is stuff can be funny is hindsight but I find it pretty obnoxious at the time given how it gives 0 credit to the opposition and so basically denigrates the thing I just spent 5 days watching.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Man I/m stoned right now and can't stop laughing. I feel like I might break something inside.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a complete douchebag but he's hilarious so it's OK. Still remember whenever he talked about Ajmal in the 2012 series, he'd say he "bowled" (while doing double finger quotes) pretty well. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

This is stuff can be funny is hindsight but I find it pretty obnoxious at the time given how it gives 0 credit to the opposition and so basically denigrates the thing I just spent 5 days watching.
Being a miserable **** is kind of his shtick though. Personally find stuff like this more tolerable in a studio environment than on commentary since the latter actively distracts from the viewing experience.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Being a miserable **** is kind of his shtick though. Personally find stuff like this more tolerable in a studio environment than on commentary since the latter actively distracts from the viewing experience.
Yeah but it's got to the point where I'm not sure if I'm watching the honest opinion of an analyst or Bob Willis playing up to the persona he's created for himself.

Zinzan

The Ponting's become a mercenary one was golden..I remember hearing that at the time. Made funnier by the guys who taped in from the TV cracking up in the background.

'Well they're not winning any games are they Charles".

Anyway Shri, you missed the greatest one of all....

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The Ponting's become a mercenary one was golden..I remember hearing that at the time. Made funnier by the guys who taped in from the TV cracking up in the background.

'Well they're not winning any games are they Charles".

Anyway Shri, you missed the greatest one of all....

:laugh::laugh::lol:

listento_me

U19 Captain
He's never been one to hold back but it does feel like he plays up to the shock jock reputation these days.
This is how I feel too.

When I first started watching him and he was just reaching the peak of his fame as an analyst and everything he said felt really real and genuine.

Now it feels forced and every episode of The Verdict, it looks like he is thinking of something funny or controversial to say because that is what's expected of him. He has essentially become a parody of himself.