• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016/17 Chapple-Hadlee Trophy (Cricket League) - Sign-ups open!

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain

Chappell-Hadlee Trophy

The Chappell-Hadlee Trophy is a One-Day International cricket series played between Trans-Tasman rivals Australia and New Zealand. It is named after after legendary cricketing families from the two countries, the Chappell brothers (Ian, Gregory, and Trevor) of Australia, and Hadlee family (the late Walter Hadlee and his three sons Barry, Dayle and Sir Richard) of New Zealand. To date, there have been 9 series contested since it's inception in the 2004-05 season. Australia are currently leading with 4 series wins to New Zealand's 3, and 2 series being drawn level.

The 2016/17 series is set to be hosted by Australia for the first time since 2008-09, when both teams drew level with a 2-2 scoreline. The fixtures for the 3-match series are as follows :-

1st ODI -
Australia v
New Zealand
at The SCG, Sydney
2nd ODI -
Australia v
New Zealand
at Manuka Oval, Canberra
3rd ODI -
Australia v
New Zealand
at The MCG, Melbourne

-

Some FAQs for those who aren't familiar with how fictional cricket leagues work..

What is this?

This is a fictional simulation-based cricket league where members can participate as team managers, take control of an available team and help shape it's fortunes in the league.

How do I participate?

If you are looking to participate, simply post the name of an available team you're interested in managing in this thread, in this case either one of Australia or New Zealand. Teams will be assigned to members on a first-come-first-serve basis.

What is the role of a team manager?

The most important role of a team manager is to select squads (if they're not already selected beforehand) and post playing XIs for their respective teams, as instructed by the league manager. Being punctual with your squad/lineup posting, commenting on your team's performances and maintaining a sense of dignity in victory or defeat is also appreciated.

How will the matches be simulated?

The matches in this league will be simulated by me using Sydeur Rahman's Cricsim. I will post the results at my convenience.

Is there any prize money involved?

No. This is all just for fun and the thrill of competition.

Those are the basics of participating in a cricket league. If you have any more questions regarding this, please post them in the thread. Sign-ups are open as of now.

Last edited:

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia-flag.png

Australia (managed by TBA)

Top-order batsmen

-

Middle-order batsmen

-

Lower-order batsmen

-

Tailenders

-
New-Zealand-flag.png

New Zealand (managed by TBA)

Top-order batsmen

-

Middle-order batsmen

-

Lower-order batsmen

-

Tailenders

-

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is it acceptable to join despite representing neither nation, but merely wanting to defeat australians?

cnerd123

likes this
Lolstralia vs the Kiwaaahs

Urgh.

I suppose if I had to pick I'd go Lolstralia. The Kiwi Bloc have had too much to cheer about as of late.

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
In that case, I'll hand over New Zealand to Howe_zat and Australia to *****. You guys may feel free to post your respective 14-man squads for the 3-match ODI series. No retired players allowed and you must include at least one capable wicket-keeper in your squad.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can I pick Colin de Grandahomme?
Not any more you can't

Top-order batsmen

Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson

Middle-order batsmen

Ross Taylor
Luke Ronchi
BJ Watling
Corey Anderson
Jimmy Neesham

Lower-order batsmen

Mitchell Santner
Colin De Grandhomme

Tailenders

Tim Southee
Matt Henry
Trent Boult
Adam Milne

Blocky

Banned
1. Taylor isn't playing due to eye surgery, Munro is in his place.
2. Anderson isn't playing due to knee injury
3. Ronchi hasn't been selected in the squad, Latham will act as cover to keeping, Watling will be main keeper.
4. Adam Milne won't be playing due to injury, Lockie Ferguson is in his place

cnerd123

likes this
Top-Order
Warner
Finch
Khawaja

Middle-Order
Smith
Bailey

Middle-Order/Lower-Order Allrounders
Maxwell
M Marsh
Wade (+)
Faulkner
Hastings
Counter-Nile

Bowlers/Tail-Enders
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa
Lyon

Man Australia ODI cricket is ****ed

Athlai

Not Terrible
1. Taylor isn't playing due to eye surgery, Munro is in his place.
2. Anderson isn't playing due to knee injury
3. Ronchi hasn't been selected in the squad, Latham will act as cover to keeping, Watling will be main keeper.
4. Adam Milne won't be playing due to injury, Lockie Ferguson is in his place
5. Fictional simulation

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not any more you can't

Top-order batsmen

Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson

Middle-order batsmen

Ross Taylor
Luke Ronchi
BJ Watling
Corey Anderson
Jimmy Neesham

Lower-order batsmen

Mitchell Santner
Colin De Grandhomme

Tailenders

Tim Southee
Matt Henry
Trent Boult
Adam Milne
Top-Order
Warner
Finch
Khawaja

Middle-Order
Smith
Bailey

Middle-Order/Lower-Order Allrounders
Maxwell
M Marsh
Wade (+)
Faulkner
Hastings
Counter-Nile

Bowlers/Tail-Enders
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa
Lyon

Man Australia ODI cricket is ****ed

You may post your playing XIs for the 1st ODI.

1st ODI - AUS.gif Australia v NZL.gif New Zealand at The SCG, Sydney

- Lineup requirements: 1 proper wicket-keeper; A minimum of six bowling options in your XI.
- Pitch info: Expected to be a good pitch to bat on. Spinners might find a bit of assistance like they usually do from the SCG pitch.
- Tip: Mark your bowling options using (^) while posting your XI.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Guptill (7)
2. Latham (cake)
3. Williamson (6) (cake)
4. Taylor (cake)
5. Watling+ (cake)
6. Ronchi (icing)
7. Anderson (4) (icing)
8. Santner (5) (icing)
9. Henry (3)
10. Southee (2)