• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zaheer Khan or Makhaya Ntini

The better match winner

• Zaheer Khan

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Makhaya Ntini

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Man during all those overseas thrashings I kept advocating a 5 bowler strategy with Ashwin/Jadeja as 7/8 but I was the only one. Zaheer would have done so much better if he wasn't both our Strike Bowler and Workhorse.
LOL no bro you weren't the only one. I kept going on and on about it since 2013 SA tour because our bowlers would just tire out and we couldn't capitalize on the positions we put ourselves into. Especially after we drew the Johannesburg test and couldn't bowl SA out because our bowlers were too tired.

cnerd123

likes this
LOL no bro you weren't the only one. I kept going on and on about it since 2013 SA tour because our bowlers would just tire out and we couldn't capitalize on the positions we put ourselves into. Especially after we drew the Johannesburg test and couldn't bowl SA out because our bowlers were too tired.
Yup you were with me on this.

Actually tbf most of you came around to it by the second 4-0 thrashing

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ntini extracted more seam movement than people like to admit while being able to create sustained pressure on batsmen until fairly late into his career. Zaheer was a classy swing bowler at the height of his powers. Both are underrated

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ntini by a long way really. He was damn consistent, even though he was a bit of a one-trick pony. Coming from wide, with the angle coming into the right-hander and occasionally getting it to straighten. He led the SA attack for several years when after Donald's retirement and before Steyn became a real gun. From about 2002-2006 he was genuinely the best fast man around outside of McGrath, while being pretty close to the top for several years before and after his peak. He was never the most skillful, made made up for that in tenacity.

Zaheer might have been an artist but all too often seemed like he forgot his easel at home. Had a purple patch for a while which you can certainly argue was at a higher peak than that of Ntini, but was anonymous for large parts before and after.

In fact, I couldnt think of two bowlers with less in common. Right-armer, seams it a bit, tenacious vs a left-arm swing bowler who struggled with fitness most of his career.

Zaheer did have Graeme Smith as his bunny though, I'll give him that

listento_me

U19 Captain
Khan was out done as a bowler in HIS conditions by a guy used to packer conditions.

Should tell you all something.