• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing lexicon

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Ollystone, noun

Something which is believed to have special powers, but never remains functional long enough to display them.

"Scientists defended the experimental reactor from accusations that it was an ollystone, claiming that it had delivered very promising data during its 0.1 seconds of operation so far."

Bijed

International Regular
Norwell, noun

An epic effort that saves a team, group or other organisation from a situation that seems beyond hope

"The expedition team thought they were doomed after a cave-in trapped them, but even with a broken leg, one of them managed to get to the surface and get help. Her norwell saved seven lives."

Howe_zat

Audio File
Duckett, verb

To succeed at something previously failed at by waiting for it to become easier.

’The Morbius film flopped in the summer release, so they tried to Duckett it in September.’

~

Rawalpindi, adjective.

Flat.

’I’ve opened a fresh bottle of cola, the one from last night has gone Rawalpindi.’

Howe_zat

Audio File
Touring India, idiom

A state of shock or disarray that leads to subsequent poor decisions.

"The first question on the exam threw me so hard I was touring india for the rest of it. It was like I'd never been on the course."