• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Woakes v. Jacob Oram

Who's the better international allrounder

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Oram better career so far but think Woakes surpasses him in Tests. More of a strike bowler

Blocky

Banned
Whoever the **** in the NZ Camp is responsible for this batting - playing at the fifth line with a bowler going across you when it's short is ridiculous.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Woakes is a far, far better cricketer IMO but you can't pick him over Oram (yet) based on international results.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Haven't seen a lot of Woakes, but Oram was a 6 foot 6 power-hitting beast. The six off McGrath at 1.01 remains one of my favourites. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any footage of his century at the Gabba in 2004 against a very good Australian attack. Richard Hadlee said in his latest book that he felt Oram might have been better off focusing on his batting (he only really took up bowling in his late teens) given all the injury problems he had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxacZ9pWOA

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oram was such a beastly fielder too. That catch he took in the 2011 WC against SA basically won the game for them.

DriveClub

International Regular
Sorry whenever I think of oram the only thing that comes to mind is being bowled by murali when oram was defending outside off and got bowled behind his legs. Hilarious.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Woakes probably shades him bowling wise but Jacob Oram was a far better bat. People regard Oram as a big hitter but he was also a very under-rated middle order bat in the test game as well when he wasn't injured where he could score quickly when needed and grind it out when the going was tough.

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes probably shades him bowling wise but Jacob Oram was a far better bat. People regard Oram as a big hitter but he was also a very under-rated middle order bat in the test game as well when he wasn't injured where he could score quickly when needed and grind it out when the going was tough.
Woakes has a first class average of 36 vs Oran's 33. I don't think one is far better than the other. Woakes will likely get less opportunity to bat in Tests.