• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2017

anil1405

International Captain
Also it is time to start thinking about next year.

I do plan to run it in pretty much the same format. As early adopters I will give you first crack at the 2018 comp so please post here if you want to be in it next year. The draft will begin in early Dec in a new thread.

I have been happy with how its run (hopefully you have too) and it did confirm to me that 10 teams is the right number as there was not much left after the minidrafts. So to lock in one of those slots please post here and whatever slots are left will be open to the rest of the forum when i start the new thread.

I was thinking about dual-position players - mainly since SL had about 10 keeper-batsmen who could be either and this meant that we had an excess of keepers, but now Dickwella seems to be the #1 wk in all forms so i will probably just put the others as bats and leave how it is unless there are some other anomalies that have arisen.
Was the most exciting draft in this forum since the result is based on actual performance. And can't really find a flaw in the way it was run.

Definitely in for 2018.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Didn't play 2017 but would be keen to get a spot for 2018 in this most prestigious Draft run by what I can only say is one of the best forum members of all time.

Teuton

International Captain
That's some good flattery there. Not really required but happy to hear it and to have you on board next year.

1. Teuton
2. Randycricfreak
3. Anil1405
4. Vitalogy83

Teuton

International Captain
Any others wishing to lock in a spot?

I should get to the new thread tomorrow when the remaining spots will be open to the rest of the forum.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Any others wishing to lock in a spot?

I should get to the new thread tomorrow when the remaining spots will be open to the rest of the forum.
Nice..

How about the one final update for 2017 before eveything is finalized,Tests are about to happen from 1 Dec.Then 2 more starting from 2 Dec

Teuton

International Captain
That is a weird outcome. The scores are calculated at the end of the quarter and I'm not going back and changing them. Nothing to do with the fact he was on my team, just keeping it simple and happy to do that if it happens again.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Yea it's pretty weird. Has that happened before? I was just posting it here because I immediately thought of this thread for some reason.

Interesting stuff.

Teuton

International Captain
Scores have been updated after the Perth test.

NUFAN has an unassailable lead, anil1405 is in 2nd and randycricfreak has moved up to 3rd.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LNq9zK2lIqrzoFHyHm-l7b9wkivjdZzFkLGZM50kAw/edit?usp=sharing

Team Score
NUFAN 16419
anil1405 14680
randycricfreak 13204
Teuton 12945
Shady Slim 12718
Howe_zat 12510
morgieb 11924
kingkallis 11012
harsh.ag 10853
The Battlers Prince 9199

Not quite sure when i will find the time to do the final scores after New Year, might be late in january but will see how things go.

anil1405

International Captain
So that's the end of a successful first season of fantasy draft cricket.

Congrats to NUFAN for an outright win!! And thanks to Teuton for introducing a thoroughly enjoyable draft and also for taking the effort to organize and run it smoothly.

Teuton

International Captain
Final standings are:
Team Score
NUFAN 16916
anil1405 15193
randycricfreak 13577
Teuton 13188
Howe_zat 13160
Shady Slim 13061
morgieb 12326
harsh.ag 11453
kingkallis 11104
The Battlers Prince 9536

Full details can be found at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LNq9zK2lIqrzoFHyHm-l7b9wkivjdZzFkLGZM50kAw/edit?usp=sharing

Congratulations to NUFAN who dominated across the year with his ability to talent spot, anil and randy held on to 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Thanks to everyone for taking part across the year and making it a success. I hope you enjoyed the comp as much as I did.

Last edited: