• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sourav Ganguly

tell me

• He's a good player and I like him

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • He's a good player but I HATE him

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • He's arrogant and I hate the guy

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • He's the best captain for India

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • other opinion (please share)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I'm a big fan of sourav Ganguly. However, I find it sad that even many Indians are against him. After everything that he's done for the team and made them a force to be reckoned with. What's your opinion of him?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are few batsmen I enjoy watching more than Ganguly in full flow. I think he's done a job that few could manage as Indian captain, though John Wright's influence as a foreign coach cannot be underestimated.
I think he's incredibly arrogant and he's got every right to be. And it's very funny when he annoys the hell out of people and they try to respond and end-up making fools of themselves when he hammers them all over the park.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
There are few batsmen I enjoy watching more than Ganguly in full flow. I think he's done a job that few could manage as Indian captain, though John Wright's influence as a foreign coach cannot be underestimated.
I think he's incredibly arrogant and he's got every right to be. And it's very funny when he annoys the hell out of people and they try to respond and end-up making fools of themselves when he hammers them all over the park.
i prefer it when some decent bowling makes him look like a fool

Raj123

U19 Debutant
i prefer it when some decent bowling makes him look like a fool
i prefer it when he makes some decent bowling look mediocre(We are talking about the fastest batsman to get to 9000 odi runs)

Bouncer

State Regular
Where is the Option~

He is an Average player, who certainly does not think before he speaks.

:!(

Craig

World Traveller
For a player that has over 9000 ODI runs and the second off al-time 100s, I wouldnt mind being so average as him.

And for a batsmen who had formed such a good combination while opening with SRT, he aint so bad.

Craig said:
For a player that has over 9000 ODI runs and the second off al-time 100s, I wouldnt mind being so average as him.

And for a batsmen who had formed such a good combination while opening with SRT, he aint so bad.

Ganguly is a brilliant Oneday player, but in the longer verson of the game he's average or maybe "just above average".

A lot of cricketers are arrogant, Steven Waugh and some other Aussies certainly comes to mind, but they never made a fool of themselves like Ganguly does.

Choora

State Regular
I think Ganguly just don't like questions, probably he hates them as much as he hates short-pitch balls. He would probably never be able to handle them well.

I mean what do you make of the ansers of question asked by a reporter?

QS: What do you think of second ODI?

Ans: Didn't you see the match urself... His highness answer

If a good player have a right to be arrogant, then Sachin should be the most arrogant player around but he isn't.Ganguly should learn something from Sachin really.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ He gets everyone's attention doesn't he ;)

I think he's a good player and I like him, I don't mind his arrogance but I don't think its an admirable characteristic. It just doesn't affect me, he's a great ODI batsman and that's all I care about.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's the worst captain of a bowling side. Look at the number of bowling failures. Not to mention the sledging he endorses. His batting is not much of a problem, but his captaincy is way too negative to win tournaments and he can't field.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What those many people can't see:
  1. Tournament victories
  2. A quality bowling attack
  3. Good fielding
    [/list=1]