• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is more annoying?

Stapel

International Regular
Going to bed at 8:30, setting the alarm at 12:30, just to find out there is rain..........

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The replay of a wicket on day 1 when it is day 5 is so annoying. They seem to it more and more now too. Almost like each tv lot is trying to out analyse the others but half the time it total bull anyway.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds worse than Kya chal raha hai? FOGG chal raha hai
that is ingrained in my mind now..that everytime someone asks me that question, I respond with that. The icing on the cake is when an Indian asks me that and I go 'Boss, India mein to fogg chal raha hain" :laugh:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
When watching a days cricket means having to sit through the same 4 betting adverts time and time again.
It was even worse watching the Pakistan v West Indies game on the Asian-language channel, which had the same one advert for every over break.

vcs

that is ingrained in my mind now..that everytime someone asks me that question, I respond with that. The icing on the cake is when an Indian asks me that and I go 'Boss, India mein to fogg chal raha hain" :laugh:
Dilli me smog chal raha hai.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
It was incredibly annoying yesterday having to watch the Dave Warner OLED ad all day after his dreadful dismissal in the first over. That **** should be banned from airing for the rest of the day if he gets out for less than a century.

TheJediBrah

The worst is when you switch on the TV, there's an extra long advertising break and you **** yourself wondering whether a wicket has just fallen.
ha

and you check the time to see whether it should be drinks

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The latter happened a lot to me yesterday given Australia lost multiple wickets before reaching double figures.
Used to happen to me all the time if I was maybe 5 mins late tuning in to day 1. The openers have ticked off a couple of singles and I get all excited because the scoreboard shows 0/2 before I realise that the openers are still in and everything in Australia is upside down.

hazsa19

International Regular
The worst is when you switch on the TV, there's an extra long advertising break and you **** yourself wondering whether a wicket has just fallen.
Or when the opposition are 200 for 1, so you watch something else for a bit hoping that'll get a wicket (nearly always works). You turn back, see the advert, celebrate thinking you've done it, only for it to be a drinks break.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching one of those gifted but mentally deficient batsmen play a gorgeus 20-30 runs when they get to the crease so you rush to your pantry to get some crisps and salsa in order to watch a beautiful innings properly, but when you get back their showing highlights of how he threw it away with an ugly swipe across the line.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a habit of turning on the TV to see either the slow-mo of a wicket or the new batsman marking his guard. It's happened three or four times in a match.

vcs

I have a habit of turning on the TV to see either the slow-mo of a wicket or the new batsman marking his guard. It's happened three or four times in a match.
If you were watching Australia, that's just probability at work.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
It was incredibly annoying yesterday having to watch the Dave Warner OLED ad all day after his dreadful dismissal in the first over. That **** should be banned from airing for the rest of the day if he gets out for less than a century.
I only saw it once. But I can't remember if I was watching it that day or another one???