Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Murali bowling with a astraight arm

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Originally posted by marc71178
    But Richard, you've ignored the false arm theory - it's obvious that that is how he straightens his arm!!!
    i have heard he inserts a small spring into his elbow,which aids his bowling. The spring was designed by a long lost Amazonian tribe three thousand years ago, to help them bend their arms around so that they could grab hands full of ants from nest under ground...its true i tell you
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Pinball Champion!
    Originally posted by Token
    Murali's eyes...classic
    Spawn of Satan....
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Originally posted by Swervy
    i have heard he inserts a small spring into his elbow,which aids his bowling. The spring was designed by a long lost Amazonian tribe three thousand years ago, to help them bend their arms around so that they could grab hands full of ants from nest under ground...its true i tell you
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Tsk, tsk...
    The cheating...
    :P :P
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    Tsk, tsk...
    The cheating...
    :P :P
    Well it's about as true as some of the rubbish spouted by people on here about Murali!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

LOL classic!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    For all of you "See - I told you Murali's a chucker. Look. Here's a photograph of him which shows the arm perfectly straight. Ergo, he straightens it. Therefore, he chucks." merchants - here's an explanation why one photograph taken totally out of context proves nothing, zip, nada.

Take a piece of wire - about a foot long should suffice. Kink it in the middle around, say, 90 degrees - ensure that the two 'sections' are reasonably straight, though.

Hold the wire at one end with the other end pointing directly up towards you. See? The whole piece of wire looks straight. Now twizzle it between finger and thumb slowly until the other end has rotated 90 degrees. Oh, look now - a right-angle. Keep rotating - oh, straight again. The wire 'chucks'.

Now go back and look at the doosra picture again, bearing in mind the wire 'experiment', but don't come back until you've a few others from different angles.

Saying that, sure, investigate Murali again - but don't condemn him prematurely.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Hey ppl, I'm back!
    And sorry to go digging-up a few threads (especially this one which has changed enormously in context), but this last post illustrates perfectly what I have tried to say many times - get enough angles, you can make a hell of a lot of optical illusions.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Where on earth did you get to ?

Thought you'd been abducted or skipped the country.....

Welcome back

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I tried, sorry...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Stand with your right hand raised above your head and in front of you with the palm facing you.

Now flex (bend at elbow) and unflex your right arm. This just moves the upper part of your arm (from elbow to hand) towards you or away from you.

Looked at by some one standing right opposite you and facing you, the bend at your elbow can not be seen.

Thats all this picture shows and this exactly how he bowls the doosara with the palm facing himself and the back of the hand facing the batsman and then he flicks the hand forward from the wrist (and apparently from the elbow) towards the batsman, with the palm ending up facing the sky.

This arm is not straight, its just the angle that makes it appear so.

Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Jet Pac Stan Champion!

Murali the cheat!

How long are you people going to keep defending Murali to the detriment of cricket? I think everyone of you know that he bowls with a bent arm that straightens on delivery.

The guy is a damn cheat! He's like Carl Lewis; Carl tested positive for steroids three times during his career by the US Athletics Assn but they didn't report him because he was winning gold medals at the olympics.

If he cant straighten his arm then he should not be playing cricket

Simple really

Hexxagon Champion!
    The two guys who posted above are real DUMBOs !

Originally posted by Will Scarlet:I think everyone of you know that he bowls with a bent arm that straightens on delivery
    Oh yea? prove it .Unless you mention the words " only the doosra is illegal", youre an ass.

originally posted by MOx Pearl:If he cant straighten his arm then he should not be playing cricket
    Great. So according to Will Scarlet , if Murali straightens his arm , he cant play cricket.According to Mox Pearl , if Murali cant straighten his arm , he cant play cricket.

I suggest the two of you get a room and a copy of the laws of cricket , stay in there the whole night , and come out only the next day.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxPearl
    If he cant straighten his arm then he should not be playing cricket

Simple really

Not this again

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information