Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 281

Thread: Murali bowling with a astraight arm

  1. #151
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    so your saying at the top of his bowling mark his arm was bent and by the time he go to the point of delivery it was straight?

    no i have not seen the video but i have seen murali's arm and held it in my own hands, have you?

  2. #152
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    No, I'm saying at the start of his action it is far more bent than at release.

    And it doesn't matter if I've seen his arm or held it in my hands - that would prove absolutely nothing.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #153
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    So you seriously think that watching it real time the bloke could see everything in the action?

    If that is so, then why do they bother with all the analysing of the action, since the naked eye is just as good?

    There is no way on Earth you could tell the difference in straightness of the arm between the with brace and without brace with the naked eye.
    marc bro your loosing the plot here mate. the reason so much of analysis has been done is because this is a rare case, no human has seen this scenario before. therefore to anaylise it it has to be researched, fair enough.
    what im tryin to get across to you is the main reason they are going through all this(slow motion capture,the all-new 2,000 frames per second 4-Sight camera) is becuase murali requested them to do so to prove that he does not chuck.
    the optical illusion arguement is that because he gets alot of wrist rotation and drop in his shoulders at the point of delivery, when you concentrate on one point(his elbow) it clearly looks like a jerk or a straightening, that my friend is an optical illusion, regardless if you see it on TV or in real life that 3D image will always appear as a chuck because of the illusion created. the only way to prove it is to put a brace on so the arm so the arm does not straigten and yet it looks a chuck(looks like he straightyens his arm with the brace on, a brace with iron rods to prevent straightening.), so that proves without doubt it indeed is an illusion.
    Last edited by dude; 26-07-2004 at 01:58 PM.

  4. #154
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    And it doesn't matter if I've seen his arm or held it in my hands - that would prove absolutely nothing.
    proves as much as me having seen that video from channel4 mate. i've tried to straigten his arm once over a game of pool and it is bent..it is bent. there's nothing anyone can do to straighten it not even him, many know this even bruce yardley has tried thats the reason yardley goes on a limb and states "i will defend this man to my dying day"


  5. #155
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    what im tryin to get across to you is the main reason they are going through all this(slow motion capture,the all-new 2,000 frames per second 4-Sight camera) is becuase murali requested them to do so to prove that he does not chuck.
    Well he's failed then, as it only shows evidence to the contrary from watching it (and I would like to point out that before watching it I had no doubt his action was legal)



    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    the only way to prove it is to put a brace on so the arm does not straigten and yet it looks a chuck, so that proves without doubt it indeed is an illusion.
    Yes, but the problem is, without the brace his arm does straighten, and that film has only emphasised that fact because the stiffness of the brace enabled a direct comparison between his locked straight arm and his unhindered arm.

  6. #156
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    the only way to prove it is to put a brace on so the arm so the arm does not straigten and yet it looks a chuck(looks like he straightyens his arm with the brace on, a brace with iron rods to prevent straightening.), so that proves without doubt it indeed is an illusion.

  7. #157
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    proves as much as me having seen that video from channel4 mate. i've tried to straigten his arm once over a game of pool and it is bent..it is bent. there's nothing anyone can do to straighten it not even him,

    Yes, if it is at it's full extension it cannot be straightened further, BUT when it is not "fully locked" for want of a better expression, it can obviously be straightened, and that is where the problem is - at the start of his deliveries on that video (which he said was him bowling normally to stop the dissenters moaning about his action) his arm was not "fully locked" and therefore it can be straightened, and it is straightened.

  8. #158
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    the only way to prove it is to put a brace on so the arm so the arm does not straigten and yet it looks a chuck(looks like he straightyens his arm with the brace on, a brace with iron rods to prevent straightening.), so that proves without doubt it indeed is an illusion.
    You don't get the point - his arm was forced to be straight with the brace on, and it remained at the same angle throughout because of that.

    His arm was nowhere near the same straightness at the start of the action when the brace wasn't on the arm.

  9. #159
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    were going around in circles here. people can watch a documentary and come up with their own conclusions.
    the FACTS are that with the brace no human has the strenght to straighten his arm. even with the brace on his arm looked like it straighten, key word "looked like". if he indeed managed to straighten his arm with the brace on he sure is the greatest magician.

  10. #160
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    No, these FACTS that you claim are not the facts (and seeing as you didn't even see it, you cannot claim to know the outcome of it!)

    With the brace on his arm remained the same throughout the delivery - it didn't look like a chuck.

  11. #161
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    http://www.channel4.co.uk/sport/cric...s/nr_6295.html

    " The Kandy spinner then strapped on a tailor-made arm brace complete with steel rods to prevent straightening of his arm and proceeded to bowl the same three deliveries with remarkably similar results. "

    the brace was to prevent his arm from straightening.

  12. #162
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    if you read up on it you will realize theres more to the story than just your opinion. most everyone who saw it claims he bowled the same with and without the brace, they agreed that there was a jerk to his action even with the brace.

  13. #163
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    http://www.channel4.co.uk/sport/cric...s/nr_6295.html

    " The Kandy spinner then strapped on a tailor-made arm brace complete with steel rods to prevent straightening of his arm and proceeded to bowl the same three deliveries with remarkably similar results. "

    the brace was to prevent his arm from straightening.
    Yes, we know the brace was to prevent his arm from straightening, but that doesn't explain how when the brace was not on, his arm did indeed straighten.

    And I wouldn't say the results were anywhere near the same (having watched it)

  14. #164
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    chicago, USA
    Posts
    104
    "“The fact is this is a perfectly solid brace made from steel bars and plaster of parris and there’s no way the elbow can move here, I put my hand on my heart. But I do notice close jerk movements from shoulder and wrist which may be Murali’s secret,” he added. "

    http://www.channel4.co.uk/sport/cric...s/nr_6295.html

  15. #165
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    if you read up on it you will realize theres more to the story than just your opinion.
    Oh yes, because reading about it is much better than watching it isn't it (!)



    Quote Originally Posted by dude
    most everyone who saw it claims he bowled the same with and without the brace, they agreed that there was a jerk to his action even with the brace.
    How come nobody on here has said that then?

    Or was I the only person on the site to see it?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •