• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly on Akhter!!!!!!

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
I think ganguly is taking a page out of steve's diary, for his sake he can back it up. but thats ganguly either u hate him or love him.

The series is fun so far, there have been break through performance in batting from both sides, some fielding moments from both sides as well, but big dissapointment has been bowling so far. Both sides are due a good bowling performance.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
His demand that the Indian security personal first test the fod themselves(to rule out poisonous food) before he could have it ****ed off the hotel management

com'on mate now you are just making up stories. It was the management that wouldnt serve indian players before some one tastes it(as they were instructed to do so).

And whats wrong with the statement ....he just gave his opinion. Ask ponting about murali and you will have a phrase "unusual bowling action" along with a bit of sarcasm in his reply. Thats what all captains do to get some edge over their opposition.

And can every one stop the whole crap about the series being a goodwill series... they are just there to play cricket and should do anything to win it. For 50 years the two countries are fighting over some thing ridiculous and you expect it to go away with a few cricket matches....you are dreaming mate

Raj123 said:

And whats wrong with the statement ....he just gave his opinion. Ask ponting about murali and you will have a phrase "unusual bowling action" along with a bit of sarcasm in his reply. Thats what all captains do to get some edge over their opposition.

Bullsh*t. Cricketers do say that Muraliu's action is "unusual" because of his deformed arm for which it looks unusual, but Ponting or even Steve Waugh never used sarcastic remarks over Murali.

Its a clear case of "mind games" whether it should be done or not we never debated about it!

Choora

State Regular
Raj123 said:

And can every one stop the whole crap about the series being a goodwill series... they are just there to play cricket and should do anything to win it. For 50 years the two countries are fighting over some thing ridiculous and you expect it to go away with a few cricket matches....you are dreaming mate
If you were responding to my earlier comments (that Ganguly should avoid making such comments otherwise the people in Pak might get hostile) then i would like to clarify that i NEVER said that Indian team is there to play a goodwill series and results don't count.

India should (and hopefully will) win the match but decency should be observed by both team in that series.If you don't do that then the dangers are many, you might get ugly crowd pelting stones on you, then what?

A high profile series like this should be handled with extra care.

Slow Love™

International Captain
onemangang said:
Bullsh*t. Cricketers do say that Muraliu's action is "unusual" because of his deformed arm for which it looks unusual, but Ponting or even Steve Waugh never used sarcastic remarks over Murali.
Ponting has.

And I agree with Top_Cat. The comments aren't really ambiguous - they're designed to suggest that Shoaib chucks, but in a way that Ganguly can't be hauled over the coals for coming right out and saying it.

V Reddy

International Debutant
onemangang said:
Ganguly is interestingly making more news "off the ground" than on the field. His demand that the Indian security personal first test the fod themselves(to rule out poisonous food) before he could have it ****ed off the hotel management.I think Ganguly should focus more on his game than getting involve in other things.
Where did you get this :lol: . Ganguly must have been a fool then to say during a TV interview that there was too much security and they are not even making me drink tea freely ;). Infact nobody served him tea when he asked for tea. An Indian journalist had to come to his rescue to taste it first. That kind of security was provided by Pakistan and it got nothing to do with Ganguly insisting :rolleyes:

Craig

World Traveller
Top_Cat said:
Errr, there's a bit more to this than this comment. In isolation, there's nothing wrong with it but when taken in the contaxt of Ganguly's previous opinions on Akhtar, it's pretty clear he thinks he chucks and was saying so without actually saying so.

When taken in that context, his comment isn't really ambiguous at all.
Does Ganguly has a history of calling Shoaib os throwing?

Craig

World Traveller
onemangang said:
I thought the next match was in Peshawar, and even if he does score 100 , what has it to do with his comments on Akhter?

Seriously Ganguly shouldn't had demanded the boundary lines to be extended at the Pindi ground (these things are taken care off by ICC personal and the host cricket board only).Maybe a smaller cricket field would have helped him score more runs!
I remember a ton at the MCG and a Test ton at Brisbane. And they arent short boundries.

Hussan

Cricket Spectator
vandemataram said:
'It was not an easy wicket to bat on'

Anand Vasu in Rawalpindi

March 16, 2004
Shoaib Akhtar may have thrilled his home crowd with a vigorous bowling performance in his 100th one-dayer, but he will not enjoy reading what Sourav Ganguly had to say. When asked whether all of Shoaib Akhtar's deliveries were legal, Ganguly said, "What do you think, watching on TV? I think we all know the answer, don't we?" Despite India's 12-run loss Ganguly was as belligerent as ever when he spoke to the press soon after the second one-dayer.

Well isn't Ganguly calling Akhter a chucker???

Cough *bad loser* cough

Totally unprofessional and not necessary. If he continues making comments in this way he will be destroying all the progress that has been made between the two nations.

On a side note Shoaib and Ganguly had a good tussle today with Shoaib definitely coming out on top imo.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ReallyCrazy said:
Ganguly's gonna score a 100 in the next match at Lahore :)
Why dont you shut your Loud mouth for good. You are already wrong on your prediction that India will remaining 3 games.

It's loud mouth idiots like you who give Indian cricket fans bad name.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Sanz said:
Why dont you shut your Loud mouth for good. You are already wrong on your prediction that India will remaining 3 games.

It's loud mouth idiots like you who give Indian cricket fans bad name.
:lol: is it that time of the month Sanz?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ReallyCrazy said:
is it that time of the month Sanz?
You tell me ? Where is your prediction of India winning last 3 matches of the series and winning the series 4-1. And now you come with another bullsh!t that Dada will score a century in the next match at Lahore. Yeah right and pigs will fly in Lahore. :lol: :lol:

Raj123 said:
all those who had a dig at ganguly would ya mind commenting on this article......

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2004/mar/18faisu.htm
So?? what has that to do with Ganguly's statement?

Mustaq isn't playing the present test series, so he can say whatever he want to say and can't be cautioned by Match Refree (Ganguly has now decided to shut his mouth after M R warned him).People have different opinions but the fact is that the ICC, the umpires that had first reported Akhter for suspect action and the expert (university of Western Aus) have cleared Akhter.

The match refree has rightly cautioned Ganguly, imagine Harbhajan playing the series and Inzamam retaliating and calling Harbhajan a chucker!!

thierry henry

International Coach
he should put this effort into his game which is appauling
LOL.

The fastest player in history to 7000, 8000, and 9000 ODI runs? I'd say he's well qualified to make comments on anything he wants to do with cricket.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
thierry henry said:
LOL.

The fastest player in history to 7000, 8000, and 9000 ODI runs? I'd say he's well qualified to make comments on anything he wants to do with cricket.
hehe well said. He is also the 2nd fatest to reach 6000 ODI runs, narrowly below Viv Richards. He has already accomplished a lot more than what most ppl can only dream of :-/

Raj123

U19 Debutant
i know this whole topic has been discussed to the death but i just read an article which gives a different spin on the issue and demonstrates how the media can take a phrase out of contest and use it for negative publicity.

NB: i am not saying this article is stating facts but it could indeed have happened this way

....."Ganguly told him that some journalist had asked him what he thought about the beamer Shoaib had bowled to Ramesh Powar in the second match and he had replied "You all saw it on television and can judge for yourselves." ...........

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Raj123 said:
i know this whole topic has been discussed to the death but i just read an article which gives a different spin on the issue and demonstrates how the media can take a phrase out of contest and use it for negative publicity.

NB: i am not saying this article is stating facts but it could indeed have happened this way

....."Ganguly told him that some journalist had asked him what he thought about the beamer Shoaib had bowled to Ramesh Powar in the second match and he had replied "You all saw it on television and can judge for yourselves." ...........
Yeah I read that article.
It wouldn't surprise me if the article was valid -- its not the first time that Ganguly has been taken out of context.