Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 269 of 277 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4148
Like Tree763Likes

Thread: South Africa team selection

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    I look at the current test team lining up against England. It is so bad I don't give two shits so won't be watching much.
    I'm watching the U19... keeping an eye on Parsons. Looks good.

The national team is a load of selection bollocks, I can not believe how bad it actually is.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think theyíve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Next test engagement I believe is in the West Indies, where they will likely need Maharaj, but letís treat him like **** in the meantime. The so called all rounder has bowled 4 ****ing overs so far. Bavuma could have done that.

Lets not be harsh... he is a great no.8 batsmen.
    SeamUp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Next test engagement I believe is in the West Indies, where they will likely need Maharaj, but letís treat him like **** in the meantime. The so called all rounder has bowled 4 ****ing overs so far. Bavuma could have done that.
    Can understand no spinner at Wanderers. It is the one ground you could get away without one.

But why not play an extra batsman ? Not liking Faf's selection thinking for some time. Dwaine is a known favourite.

I also know this sounds out of here but I wonder if Vern could have done with s break in PE. He was basically toothless in the last 2 tests. The positive moving forward is we can look for more versatile quicks for all conditions.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

First Class Debutant
    It's been horrid selection. As soon as I saw the team I knew we were at a handicap. Rassie has limited technique so sending him at 3 was just asking for trouble. You have to feel that the decision was made because Faf wanted Dwaine around instead of giving Hamza one more Test and just batting Temba at 6.

Paterson and Hendricks bowled trash at the end there. Really looked rattled. The only positive for me has been Nortje. What a find for us.

Can understand no spinner at Wanderers. It is the one ground you could get away without one.

But why not play an extra batsman ? Not liking Faf's selection thinking for some time. Dwaine is a known favourite.

I also know this sounds out of here but I wonder if Vern could have done with s break in PE. He was basically toothless in the last 2 tests. The positive moving forward is we can look for more versatile quicks for all conditions.
    Faf has lost his touch. The coach and selectors are making errors that don't make sense. We've been playing with a batter lite the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahseph View Post
    It's been horrid selection. As soon as I saw the team I knew we were at a handicap. Rassie has limited technique so sending him at 3 was just asking for trouble. You have to feel that the decision was made because Faf wanted Dwaine around instead of giving Hamza one more Test and just batting Temba at 6.

Paterson and Hendricks bowled trash at the end there. Really looked rattled. The only positive for me has been Nortje. What a find for us.
    What's the fascination with Pretorius? I honestly don't get it.

State Captain
    I really don't get why you're still persisting with 5 bowlers, you've not managed to get past 300 once this series, and have failed to get past 250 4 times already, surely this is the most obvious sign that you're too short on the batting? Is there really nobody in the first class system that would be better than Hamza at 3 allowing you to keep keep VDD at 5 and have Bavuma at 6 and QDK at 7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasimione View Post
    The coach and selectors are making errors that don't make sense.
    That's the problem. It's obvious that the selection decisions they've made haven't worked, but we're having a hard time understanding just why they made those decisions in the first place.

Steyn has retired and hopefully with Vernon's retirement there won't be any more stresses about fitness.

Make sure Ngidi, Rabada, Nortje are looked after. Get the spin bowler to do a lot of dirty work from one end. When Mulder is fit and available he can do it.

Build around 2 strike bowlers at 140+ in Dupavillon, Coetzee , 2 left-armers in Burger & Jansen & then young stock-bowlers who can hit back of a length with regularity in Sipamla/E.Bosch. Those are who I would be working with at every opportunity with SA A and preparing for test cricket.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 26-01-2020 at 02:03 AM.

The batting though guys

Get rid of the lot bar QdK
    Last edited by SeamUp; 26-01-2020 at 02:02 AM.
    StephenZA likes this.

The batting though guys

Get rid of the lot bat QdK
    But basically that is true... the selection of P. Malan, Rassie (even before WC), and Pretorius selections where pure journeyman cricketers with 'experience'. You can understand it from a point of view of trying to win the series against England, but it was never likely to reap rewards long term, and as it has turned out, short term. The dropping of Hamza after so few Tests I don't understand. Think if all the guys young guys with real talent that we could have seen get taste of international tests.

And Parsons and Hendricks as the extra bowlers? No, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    But basically that is true... the selection of P. Malan, Rassie (even before WC), and Pretorius selections where pure journeyman cricketers with 'experience'. You can understand it from a point of view of trying to win the series against England, but it was never likely to reap rewards long term, and as it has turned out, short term. The dropping of Hamza after so few Tests I don't understand. Think if all the guys young guys with real talent that we could have seen get taste of international tests.

And Parsons and Hendricks as the extra bowlers? No, just no.
    Hamza probably needed to get out of the firing line. He looked overawed. Get out this series and plan ahead.

It is just unfortunate guys like Breetzke, Qeshile, Makwetu and even van Tonder weren't further along.

I have come to the realisation that because we have Verreynne and Makwetu then QdK may have to give up gloves if the other 2s keeping is good enough. Would then bat Mulder 6 and the keeper 7. De Kock at 5 but ideally 4.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 26-01-2020 at 02:42 AM.

The number 3 position intrigues me most.

Petersen technically fits the bill.

Van Tonder has a compact technique with maybe more talent. Versatile enough to bat 4/5

Then there is Hamza.

Here is a theory I have had.

They have gone for experienced cricketers because they trying to balance saving the system.

They need these experienced guys to have the carrot dangled so they can still keep striving to set good examples for the younger cricketers in our system. Because there isn't a lot of quality seasoned professionals in our system left beyond the one's they using now and a lot of them have never been international standard.

Pretty convinced about this. It's **** and where we find ourselves. Looks like we will have to take more body blows if the case.

Thread Information