cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 199 of 204 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3049
Like Tree569Likes

Thread: South Africa team selection

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually thought there was but I can't find it. Maybe I saw it on TV in a rain break or something.
    Would have loved to see more of Ngam, vaguely recall seeing a bit of him in NZ on YouTube too but that was a fair while back.

That reminds me, did you ever find out if you had video of a Mark Cameron spell from a while back, at one stage you said you might?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Usman probably figured he could use the zing bails to deflect the ball over the fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    Would have loved to see more of Ngam, vaguely recall seeing a bit of him in NZ on YouTube too but that was a fair while back.

That reminds me, did you ever find out if you had video of a Mark Cameron spell from a while back, at one stage you said you might?
    I know I have it somewhere but I didn't find it when I searched my main backups which means it's on an old hard drive at the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Probably isn't going to be found/uploaded any time soon but we may be lucky.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I know I have it somewhere but I didn't find it when I searched my main backups which means it's on an old hard drive at the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Probably isn't going to be found/uploaded any time soon but we may be lucky.
    Ah well, thanks for looking anyway. Hopefully one day sometime something will appear.

Anyway, back on topic, any ideas on how Ngidi is travelling with his recovery? Would be a huge blow if he is ruled out as well

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    Ah well, thanks for looking anyway. Hopefully one day sometime something will appear.

Anyway, back on topic, any ideas on how Ngidi is travelling with his recovery? Would be a huge blow if he is ruled out as well
    He should be ready for the game against Afg. I am interested to see if he plays though and/or who gets dropped?
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    He should be ready for the game against Afg. I am interested to see if he plays though and/or who gets dropped?
    They've got to bring Ngidi back as he's better than both Morris and Hendricks. I Hendricks will be the one to miss out as Morris will most likely keep his place because of his performance against India with bat and ball.

I am starting to think that van der Dussen needs to go to India. Shown so much composure at international level, and seems to play spin well enough.

Another disappointing WC from SA. No real surprises but our batting has been even poorer than I expected. Bowling has not been terrible overall, even if not always great. Injuries have not always helped, but it was poor selection as well.

Need a total overall of the entire international team now and rebuild.
    Last edited by StephenZA; 19-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.

In theory we can still get through, but yeah we are so **** right now, can see us struggling to win the needed games

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    I am starting to think that van der Dussen needs to go to India. Shown so much composure at international level, and seems to play spin well enough.
    Top bloke as well. Never seen an international cricketer take time out from a tight finish to sign a punter’s shoe.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

State 12th Man
    Thought I'd bring my thoughts here. Rassie has exceeded expectations, and the four main bowlers were good last night, not excellent, but they bowled well. That's all the positives I have.

I think we went indepth about the problems after the second and third losses and now it's just a repeat of the same issues. Although I was really counting on Andile yesterday. He has been one of our best players at the tournament but he almost single handedly lost the game with his bowling. I don't get Faf's thinking either, I would have tried to sneak in a Markram over or two knowing how poor Andile was.

Miller had some tough chances but I've seen him take tougher ones. It really hit home that we wouldn't be winning when Tahir could have had three wickets in an over and he didn't get any.

The sad part is there really isn't anything that can be done for the last three games. Keep playing Markram, QDK, Rassie, Ngidi, Rabada and Phehlukwayo. The others probably won't be around for very long. I'd say play Shamsi but I don't think he is the answer. I see us turning to Bjorn or Keshav soon,heck, maybe even a Muthusamy if he can contribute more with the bat.

Players have bad days. Not gonna blame Andile. We were 20 runs short because the batsmen kept getting out at the wrong time. So our batting, not unexpectedly, gave us problems. We had hoped that our bowling would be able to get us out of tight jams but it has no happened.

Just keep on playing the same team, not going to find anything out by bringing Shamsi in. Nobody else to really give experience too...

Unless Faf brings his hammer into the back room....

In all honesty I lost interest from a SA point of view in this WC after we lost to Bangladesh.... I`m looking forward to the future which should have started 2 years ago but hopefully will start in India. I want to see a complete overall for the Indian tour, a look towards the future and I don't care if we get completely pommelled I want to see them give the youngsters and future opportunities.

State 12th Man
    Definitely. But other than the innings against Bangladesh I don't think the bowlers have been bad. They have been perfectly okay and if we had more runs in us we could have beaten New Zealand today and possibly Bangladesh and England.

I won't be too harsh on Andile because I genuinely feel he has been one of our best players, but the make up of the team doesn't afford one of our guys having an off day with the ball. New Zealand can call on Neesham, India have Kedhar Jadhav and Shankar, England have Stokes etc. We don't have that extra option.
    Borges likes this.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahseph View Post
    Definitely. But other than the innings against Bangladesh I don't think the bowlers have been bad. They have been perfectly okay and if we had more runs in us we could have beaten New Zealand today and possibly Bangladesh and England.

I won't be too harsh on Andile because I genuinely feel he has been one of our best players, but the make up of the team doesn't afford one of our guys having an off day with the ball. New Zealand can call on Neesham, India have Kedhar Jadhav and Shankar, England have Stokes etc. We don't have that extra option.
    Therein lies the problem. A bowling attack with KG, Lungi and Tahir should ensure our bowling is much better than "OK."

Realistically we need them to be ripping batting line-ups apart so our batting gets lower targets. Batting has unfortunately been about what was expected of it. Bowling has not carried us as much as we needed.
    StephenZA likes this.

Thread Information