• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ever run out

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Another nomination would be Warner running out Bell.. One stump to aim at and Warner was fielding near the boundary.
Pretty sure the group stage game between Australia and South Africa in the 2007 World Cup turned on a single stump run out from the boundary. IIRC de Villiers was the one run out but I can't remember who the fielder would have been. My memory's telling me it was either Johnson or Lee but I don't think Johnson played at the tournament and Lee was definitely injured.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure the group stage game between Australia and South Africa in the 2007 World Cup turned on a single stump run out from the boundary. IIRC de Villiers was the one run out but I can't remember who the fielder would have been. My memory's telling me it was either Johnson or Lee but I don't think Johnson played at the tournament and Lee was definitely injured.
Shane Watson IIRC.

Daemon

Skip to 13:27

Very similar to this Bavuma effort but he wasn't completely airborne and so it was only half as cool. Angles for Bavuma were also more tricky.

Last edited:

vcs

Skip to 13:27

Very similar to this Bavuma effort but he wasn't completely airborne and so it was only half as cool. Angles for Bavuma were also more tricky.
That was brilliant by Rohit.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
It's so incredibly hard to say any moment is the "best ever".

However, thinking about it and even watch some of Jontys best highlights, Bavuma's may seriously be the best ever. At least athletically speaking. His feet were above his head!

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant

However, thinking about it and even watch some of Jontys best highlights, Bavuma's may seriously be the best ever. At least athletically speaking. His feet were above his head!
What makes it even more special is that it was Australias' most dangerous Batsman.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

A lot easier to achieve when you're 4' tall tbf :ph34r:

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Probably that time Ponting was run out by Gary Pratt.

Though, on reflection, it's hard to beat an Inzamam run out. They were always highly amusing.

SeamUp

International Coach
As ever another great interview by Ali Bacher in the 'in conversation series' and this was with AB de Villiers. Hopefully put up on here if gets on internet but totally forgot about this genius run-out.

Some quite revealing words from Sachin Tendulkar as well in the programme about AB's genius and how he will go down from the era.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
That's a great runout and accentuates the disappointment when De Villiers started keeping. He's as good in the field as anyone, similar to Mark Eaugh with the freakish stuff he can do.