• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* BPL 2016

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
In light of Tamil Nadu Premier League thread and taking inspirations from the discussion in that thread, about time for some Bangladesh Premier League which is going to start from tomorrow. Let the jokes begin.

Just glad Fizz is not playing the tournament.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Barisal missed an opportunity to call themselves the Barisal Bangladeshis IMO.
true guess falling into the trap of fancy names. Actually from owners' pov, these leagues are all about how much sponsors you can attract and make money out of it tbf. They would try to make their teams as attractable as they could with the "cool" names, jerseys etc etc. Whether they are successful at doing it is another story though.

Could take a tip from "Mumbai Indians".

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
true guess falling into the trap of fancy names. Actually from owners' pov, these leagues are all about how much sponsors you can attract and make money out of it tbf. They would try to make their teams as attractable as they could with the "cool" names, jerseys etc etc. Whether they are successful at doing it is another story though.

Could take a tip from "Mumbai Indians".
That itself is the fancy name mate..right up there with Mumbai Tigers or Mumbai Vikings or Mumbai Lions

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Good to see Tymal playing today. Make or break winter for him. Because he can't play 50 or 4 day cricket he really needs to impress in his gigs this winter playing t20.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Chittagong looks always strong on paper but generally fails. They are at par now probably but Comilla is ahead.

My hometown is Comilla but grew up in Dhaka and supporting Rajshahi for the prospects because I really want these guys in Rajshahi to perform

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I thought Mills went pretty well for the most part. A little erratic but hit the one guy on the head, went past the edge often, and landed his slower ball well. Found some decent bounce in the wicket.

Ravgod (freudian slip, meant to write Ravdog) off to a good start with the ball.

16 bowlers used in the Dhaka Barisal game. Must be some kind of record for a professional t20.

Last edited:

Stace

First Class Debutant
I thought Mills went pretty well for the most part. A little erratic but hit the one guy on the head, went past the edge often, and landed his slower ball well. Found some decent bounce in the wicket.

Ravgod (freudian slip, meant to write Ravdog) off to a good start with the ball.

16 bowlers used in the Dhaka Barisal game. Must be some kind of record for a professional t20.
I bet Gayle is glad he's playing with him and not against him after a few months ago, Mahela isn't so lucky though. He seemed a nice guy when he was on comms I hope he does well for himself, do you think he'll get a contract in the big bash? He would be a nightmare to face on them fast bouncy wickets.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do the teams in this have to copy Australian States for their team names?

Victorians v Bulls? Come on guys you're making me think there's some Shield cricket on I didn't know about