• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should runs scored/ wickets taken against the West Indies now mean something?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They have been a force in T20s since the 2000s, and now have finally proven to be a Test-quality side.

I'd put my money on them being stiffer opponents away from home than Bangladesh too; possibly even Sri Lanka.

From this day forward, do we now fully accept runs and wickets against WI as being as good as runs and wickets against anyone else?

Rather than beating an under strength England at home, West Indies has just knocked over the true number one side in world cricket in their own back yard.

Kraigg Braithwaite >>>>>>>>>>>> Tamim Iqbal, btw.

cnerd123

likes this
Burgey talks a lot of **** about BD being irrelevant but stills go out of his way to parody a thread about them.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

TheJediBrah

ha I was literally just thinking about this.

Beating that Pakistan in Sharjah for the Windies is a far, far, far bigger achievement than beating that England side in the most helpful conditions imaginable for Bangladesh.

But wouldn't be surprised if it just gets more or less ignored

edit: and yes, I know that it was a big deal because it was their first test win blah blah

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this

Beating that Pakistan in Sharjah for the Windies is a far, far, far bigger achievement than beating that England side in the most helpful conditions imaginable for Bangladesh.

edit: and yes, I know that it was a big deal because it was their first test win blah blah
A rare TJB post that I fully agree with.

Daemon

I think people won't give it as much importance because Pakistan have always been prone to brainfarts like losing to Zimbabwe

Burgey

I think people won't give it as much importance because Pakistan have always been prone to brainfarts like losing to Zimbabwe
England has lost to the Netherlands at cricket mate. And lost to Ireland too.

Daemon

England has lost to the Netherlands at cricket mate. And lost to Ireland too.
Test matches fool.

Though I suppose WI managed to draw a series with them not too long ago. 2-0 to SL as well. England are a bit embarrassing really.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England are a bit embarrassing really.
On this point I raise an important point of order,

How did a country like England, poor in all things, sad in most, dour in excesses, manage to produce a country like Australia, good at everything, upbeat and full of gumption in most and exciting in excesses?

Something even Carl Sagan couldn't explain.

Daemon

How did a country like England, poor in all things, sad in most, dour in excesses, manage to produce a country like Australia, good at everything, upbeat and full of gumption in most and exciting in excesses?

Climate

morgieb

Dead rubber, so nah

Although does anyone actually automatically write-off runs scored/wickets taken against the West Indies?

TheJediBrah

I've always wondered this tbh, since I was a kid.

Dead rubber, so nah

Although does anyone actually automatically write-off runs scored/wickets taken against the West Indies?
all the time on here

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

Every 12 year old thinks like that of their parents (and themselves) when they eventually grow up they realise just how wrong they were...........about everything.

smash84

The Tiger King

It's the meat.

The cows don't have enough pasture area in tiny england so the beef is not great quality.