• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing Craig will be back in the frame if fit, seeing the lower order has been such a problem of late. That, or Bracewell as fourth seamer, though it's far from ideal. I don't fancy the chances of no.8 onwards against Yasir and Wahab.
Forgot about Craig tbh. A little batting shouldn't get him considered over Jeets though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Forgot about Craig tbh. A little batting shouldn't get him considered over Jeets though.
No, it absolutely shouldn't. I would hate to see Gavin Larsen become the laughing stock Rod Marsh became when he said Jackson Bird was missing out on the Aussie side because of his batting (mind you, I can 100% see Gavin saying that).

Gup Latham Kane Ross Nicholls Anderson Watling Southee Wagner Patel Boult. There's your first Test side. Henry 12th and unlucky.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? Root scored less than Kane did in Bangers, both in difficult conditions but you'd say India were the better attack.
Yeah look, that series was a minor set-back for KW. It all turns around if he piles on the runs vs. Pakistan and Root fails against India.

There's still not much between the 3, but Root shades it as of this moment.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm quite surprised with the move to pick Sharjeel as the back up opener to be honest. Would have expected Shan Masood to be the back up guy..given they have already given him test matches and Sharjeel, despite impressing everyone in the country, hasn't really demonstrated any evidence that he is anything other than a wild slogger. But Arthur likes him for some reason.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah look, that series was a minor set-back for KW. It all turns around if he piles on the runs vs. Pakistan and Root fails against India.

There's still not much between the 3, but Root shades it as of this moment.
They're both weak-bellied ****s unlike Kohli who could easily subsist on a diet of ground glass, matchsticks and burnt tyres. :cool:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Would you consider Neesham for Anderson?
On current form yes. Can't recall Anderson middling a single ball in that ODI series and he's unlikely to bowl let alone get through as many overs as Neesh. But needed Santner in there for sure, he'll be missed.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you consider Neesham for Anderson?
Absolutely, he'd be my choice. I just thought Anderson was the incumbent/boy wonder in the coach's eyes - he was unavailable for selection in India, was he not? Neither Neesham or Anderson have scored runs this week but gee, Anderson's hoick just now to get out to Ellis is hardly what you require less than two weeks from a Test match. I'm not a massive Anderson fan in the long form, I'd prefer Jimmy with bat and ball to be honest. I just named Corey in that XI because I felt that's who they'll pick (and given he scored runs in his last Test v Australia)

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And how sure are we that Gup will be there in the first Test side? Not that I think he knows his arse from his elbow, but Veitch reckons Gup has been told he's not being picked. Can't see how Jeet has proven he's ready to go after 4 starts and four **** dismissals.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Pretty sad for the state of NZ's opening options that Woodcock is actually looking like a good option, but I reckon he'd do a better job partnering Latham than any other of the choices out there.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Woodcock would have been a better bolter than Devcich for the test side in India, not that that's saying much (and obviously Devcich didn't play as it was). Has anybody actually watched enough Woodcock innings at opener to see what his leaving and defending is like? I haven't obv.

Would be fine with Raval getting a chance. Woodcock would be a shoe-in for de international Kock squad though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pretty sad for the state of NZ's opening options that Woodcock is actually looking like a good option, but I reckon he'd do a better job partnering Latham than any other of the choices out there.
Yeah it's absolutely insane that he is looking a legit option.

Flem274*

123/5
just pick me. i'll score a duck like the rest but i'll look funnier doing it and you're not wasting failure on anyone with talent. let the cheat and the jacket break my toes/face/stumps.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Woodcock would have been a better bolter than Devcich for the test side in India, not that that's saying much (and obviously Devcich didn't play as it was). Has anybody actually watched enough Woodcock innings at opener to see what his leaving and defending is like? I haven't obv.

Would be fine with Raval getting a chance. Woodcock would be a shoe-in for de international Kock squad though.
Devcich was involved in the Test side in India??? Ugh.

Not that I've watched much of Woody but I know historically he's been a limited guy who knows his game. Needs to be got out, won't get himself out with a repertoire of a dozen or more shots as Latham does.

I think a lot of us have said it, we'd absoutely take someone who averages 25-30 and occupies the crease. That's why he'd be far from the worst we could do. With Santner out, would give you a left-arm option as well. All hot air basically as they're not going to pick him.

Jeet isn't a crease occupier and judging on his dismissals this year, doesn't know his game or where his off stump is either. I was up for him playing in SA but given they didn't take him to India and he's not taken his opportunities since, I've cooled on that now.