Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Should runs scored/wickets taken against Bangladesh now finally mean something

imo we should only judge players by bad performances against minnows. e.g Sehwag, Hayden and Root are complete trash because they couldn't score against Bangladesh.
    indiaholic likes this.
    ATG Test XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. S.R Tendulkar 5. W.R Hammond 6. G.S Sobers 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. Richard Hadlee 9. M.D Marshall 10. S.K Warne 11. G.D McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    imo we should only judge players by bad performances against minnows. e.g Sehwag, Hayden and Root are complete trash because they couldn't score against Bangladesh.
    Do you bowl bouncers at your 4 year old son? If you do, you are a wanker. (I might add this as a new qualification to my wankers thesis - those who bring their A game against C graders)

International Captain TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    If anything I would say the complete opposite of this is the truth

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well seeing as Rashid is rated as one of the worst spinners ever on here and he picked up 4 wickets in an innings it clearly doesn't count.

International Captain TheJediBrah's Avatar
    If Rashid was Australian I would be delighted to have him ahead of Nathan Lyon

not sure where this hate for him comes from

edit: Test average of 51 though . . . I may be overrating him based on seeing him bowl well in T20s

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    If Rashid was Australian I would be delighted to have him ahead of Nathan Lyon

not sure where this hate for him comes from

edit: Test average of 51 though . . . I may be overrating him based on seeing him bowl well in T20s
    A Victorian who wants a legspinner

Colour me surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Gnske. I feel someone needs to tell you so it may as well be me..........the only person that thinks you're clever and amusing is you. If you were a "court jester" the King would have taken off your head once he got bored of you inside 5 minutes mate.

International 12th Man CricAddict's Avatar
    Is Saifuddin any good? Looks like he did well in the U19 world cup as a pace bowling allrounder. He could fill the void in the current Bangers team.

vcs
    I know Rashid took some wickets in Bangladesh's 2nd innings but I wasn't all that impressed. Mishra has a much nicer action and gets a lot more loop and drift. And obviously there's Yasir Shah.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

More important question is whether wickets for a spin bowler against England in the subcontinent should matter. I'd say yes but I maybe biased because of my love for Ashwin.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

zorax, when you ask a question in a thread title, use a goddamn question mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    If anything I would say the complete opposite of this is the truth
    Good thing it wasn't sarcasm.
    indiaholic and zorax like this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Results against any team from the subcontinent mean nothing. Bangladesh are at the bottom of that pile admittedly, but it most definitely is a pile.

would certainly rather watch a series involving them than the windies now days. how far we done fell.
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Is Saifuddin any good? Looks like he did well in the U19 world cup as a pace bowling allrounder. He could fill the void in the current Bangers team.
    Salamuddin had been posting here on and off for years and has always been full of hateful bile. Never much rated him tbh.
    Furball and Smudge like this.

The Bangladesh and Zimbabwe runs/wickets don't count theory was a weird Richardism, I doubt many people subscribe to it.

I think there are certain players who's record certainly benefit from playing them more regularly (Murali, for instance, when you compare him to Warne - Warne took more wickets against the established top 8 of his era) and some players' records are definitely flattered by performances against them (cough Irfan Pathan cough).

It's only for someone like Pathan that I would seriously asterisk Bangladesh now, but I don't tend to go for the whole breaking down a players' record to the nth degree thing anyway.
    Shri and indiaholic like this.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information