• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should runs scored/wickets taken against Bangladesh now finally mean something

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Rashid was Australian I would be delighted to have him ahead of Nathan Lyon

not sure where this hate for him comes from

edit: Test average of 51 though . . . I may be overrating him based on seeing him bowl well in T20s
A Victorian who wants a legspinner

Colour me surprised

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Saifuddin any good? Looks like he did well in the U19 world cup as a pace bowling allrounder. He could fill the void in the current Bangers team.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know Rashid took some wickets in Bangladesh's 2nd innings but I wasn't all that impressed. Mishra has a much nicer action and gets a lot more loop and drift. And obviously there's Yasir Shah.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
More important question is whether wickets for a spin bowler against England in the subcontinent should matter. I'd say yes but I maybe biased because of my love for Ashwin.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Results against any team from the subcontinent mean nothing. Bangladesh are at the bottom of that pile admittedly, but it most definitely is a pile.

burr

State Vice-Captain
would certainly rather watch a series involving them than the windies now days. how far we done fell.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Saifuddin any good? Looks like he did well in the U19 world cup as a pace bowling allrounder. He could fill the void in the current Bangers team.
Salamuddin had been posting here on and off for years and has always been full of hateful bile. Never much rated him tbh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Bangladesh and Zimbabwe runs/wickets don't count theory was a weird Richardism, I doubt many people subscribe to it.

I think there are certain players who's record certainly benefit from playing them more regularly (Murali, for instance, when you compare him to Warne - Warne took more wickets against the established top 8 of his era) and some players' records are definitely flattered by performances against them (cough Irfan Pathan cough).

It's only for someone like Pathan that I would seriously asterisk Bangladesh now, but I don't tend to go for the whole breaking down a players' record to the nth degree thing anyway.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Someone can probably do a better analysis, but it seems England is the yardstick of 'having arrived'. A quick look at Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India and the West Indies seems to show that after a team has beaten England they start to record regular wins (regular meaning more than maybe 1 in 10 against anyone bar Australia). Zimbabwe never beat England so that is why they are still dire.

FBU

International Debutant
I wish Bangladesh were playing Pakistan or Australia at home next week. Would like to see how Mehedi Hasan would do. 19 wickets in 2 Tests at 15.63 is amazing.