• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gary Kirsten Retires

Craig

World Traveller
I dont have anything against the top 4.

I quite like McKenzie as he has a talented batsman with a good technique and is a player who I want to see do well.

He often gets stuck behind the top 4 who pile on big scores and he doesnt get the opporunity to pile on a big score.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil McKenzie and Boeta Dippenaar are both very talented players who it would be a crying shame to see their Test averages continue to languish where they currently do. MVJ would also be unfortunate to miss-out on an opportunity when Kirsten retires.
WRT Kirsten, a fantastic batsman, one of my favourites, and a shame to see him retire from Tests. Hopefully he'll still keep playing SSS and SBC. He took advantage of the flat wickets of recent years every bit as well as plenty of others while not getting anywhere near as much credit as some. And significantly, he still did very well when the conditions were less favourable to batting.

Beleg

International Regular
An excellent cricketer. I agree with Mr Mxy that he was one of the hardest batsman to dismiss, and his quality was that he could perform well in bad conditions.
A test in Pakistan springs to mind when he scored 100 out of a score of 185 odd.
I liked watching that man bat in tests.

Langeveldt

Soutie
ReallyCrazy said:
bitteschön!

du bist wunderschön und ***y! Eine Hand wäscht die andere.

hehehe

Yeah I know!!! Ich habe wunderschon busten auch...

But "one hand washes the other?????" NOW im confused!!!

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
English posts please.
With my, at the least, very dodgy German-speaking ability, I can confirm that they are just flirting. ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gary Kirsten - one of the greatest fighters in cricket in the modern era.....sad that he has to go....leaves behind a rich legacy of quality cricket and amazing courage and temperament.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anil said:
Gary Kirsten - one of the greatest fighters in cricket in the modern era.....sad that he has to go....leaves behind a rich legacy of quality cricket and amazing courage and temperament.
For me, the most defining thing about Gazza was the spirit in which he played the game.. He played the game hard at all times, but never over stepped the line to sledging which plagued many South Africans in the 1990's.. Good laugh as well :)