• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ben Stokes vs Ravi Ashwin

Who wins the allrounder battle?

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Are you trolling or kidding?
Kapil was talented with the bat, but he never took it as seriously as he should have. He threw away his wicket too many times. Ashwin has a much much better attitude as a test batsman (definitely Kapil is light-years ahead as ODI batsman). I'd have him bat at no. 6 in Indian all-time test XI, dropping Kapil down to no. 7.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Kapil was talented with the bat, but he never took it as seriously as he should have. He threw away his wicket too many times. Ashwin has a much much better attitude as a test batsman (definitely Kapil is light-years ahead as ODI batsman). I'd have him bat at no. 6 in Indian all-time test XI, dropping Kapil down to no. 7.
Haha I've figured out nobody rates Ashwin as highly in cw as I do. But that's fine.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Vettori was terrific actually at the later stages of his career. So over all lower than Vettori.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
@Pratters:

2003-onwards Vettori maybe comparable as a batsman to Ashwin so far; and yes they were slightly better batsmen than Kapil imo.

Last edited: