• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McCullum's book 'Declared'

Shri

Mr. Glass
You don't need to convince me Zinzan, I was pro Rossco being sacked in 2012. Well, perhaps saying pro is strong, but I was playing devil's advocate that it may have been the right call, and it wasn't a popular opinion at the time.
Can always trust Jono to turn an international cricketer's book discussion, about giving himself a pat on the shoulder. Nice, Joni.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, that happens a lot with people who live vicariously through those who've accomplished things.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That's not Allan Border.

FMD how many times do we have to go through this?
Mate you really need to get with the times.

This was used for storage back in your time.

This is used for storage now.

Just because the former is fatter and larger does not make it more relevant or useful

Burgey

Mate you really need to get with the times.

This was used for storage back in your time.

This is used for storage now.

Just because the former is fatter and larger does not make it more relevant or useful
Your posts keep getting fatter and wider, yet you still think they're relevant.

cnerd123

likes this
de Villiers has well and truly claimed the nickname AB for himself. Watching Burgey struggle to come to terms with reality is glorious.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can always trust Jono to turn an international cricketer's book discussion, about giving himself a pat on the shoulder. Nice, Joni.
It was more a pat on the bum tbf.

Also why the inconsistent use of Jono and Joni?

Burgey

de Villiers has well and truly claimed the nickname AB for himself. Watching Burgey struggle to come to terms with reality is glorious.
He has indeed claimed it for himself, but so what?

I have claimed the title King of CricketWeb.Net for myself. You all know if I left this site it'd fall in a heap and be ghost town within a week, but it's not up to me to appropriate that title for myself, irrespective of how apt it is. Self praise is no praise at all.The etiquette surrounding nicknames is clear, I've spelled it out for you all. While TOTAB lives, there can be no other AB in cricket. The only other way there can be is if TOTAB bestows upon the DSAB (Downhill Skiing AB) the name AB. And tbf, TOTAB is such a great bloke that he may well do that this summer. If he does, it will be testament to his greatness and his character. DSAB should definitely not accept the offer though, as to do so is ungracious and big-upping himself.

So he probably will accept it, because that's the kind of 24 carat pissant he really is.

Flem274*

123/5
Much like Yasir Shah, Baz clearly lacks the X Factor required to hold down his own thread.
yeah to have x factor you need to pile on 20 odd test tons no one remembers instead of belting australia on a green top or crushing indian dreams.

Burgey

Imagine if there was another Shakib Al Hasan playing cricket and he wanted to just be known as "Shakib", like the mediocrity call the Bangladesh bloke now. They call him that as though he's worthy of a single moniker, when his performances tell you he isn't. If any of you had a creative bone in your collective bodies you'd call him SAH, pronounced like a British Sergeant Major would pronounce "Sir", thereby lending him gravitas and authority. But instead you've basically turned him into a cricketing Kanye - famous, but really, who thinks he's any good?

cnerd123

likes this
I honestly don't even know who Flem is referring to there, so I guess he made his point.

Burgey's waaahs are wonderful tho.

Burgey

They aren't waahs at all. They're just points I'm taking, and taking consistently. The lack of imagination of members here these days is pitiful. There isn't even an attempt to find an original nickname, it's all about appropriating those of others. It's dumb. It's infantile.

But then, so are most of you.

cnerd123

likes this
They aren't waahs at all. They're just points I'm taking, and taking consistently. The lack of imagination of members here these days is pitiful. There isn't even an attempt to find an original nickname, it's all about appropriating those of others. It's dumb. It's infantile.

Waaaah

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Turdgey. Burgerpoo. Boeufo. Barfo.

Take your pick, lads.