• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravi Shastri v. Daniel Vettori

Who was more important to the success if their cricket nation?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Because why not get in on the latest surge of comparison threads?

Both were almost but not quite there all rounders who chipped in with wickets and runs at critical junctures.

So the question is who was the greater cricketer?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shastri wasn't a game-breaker like Vettori, more a contributor (albeit a really good one). That's why his double at the SCG was such a surprise, was unusual for him to lead a game like that. Vettori, on the other hand, was always trying to bowl you out and had more significant performances. So, overall, Vettori.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've never heard Vettori scream out 'oh master' at a bog standard cover drive for 4 just because it was Tendulkar who played the shot, so he wins.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think most people will judge this based on Shastri's commentary and Vettori will have a landslide victory as a result.

That being said, after lobbying heavily for this, I am truly glad with the surge in comparison threads. Fun times ahead. Just need some of those prickly ones like Steve Smith vs Virat Kohli or Ben Stokes vs Ravichandan Ashwin

Daemon

Vettori has most definitely never yelled "are you ready to partayyyyyy" to a crowd of 10,000, so Shastri wins

cnerd123

likes this
I think most people will judge this based on Shastri's commentary and Vettori will have a landslide victory as a result.

That being said, after lobbying heavily for this, I am truly glad with the surge in comparison threads. Fun times ahead. Just need some of those prickly ones like Steve Smith vs Virat Kohli or Ben Stokes vs Ravichandan Ashwin
omg yes please

Daemon

wtf ***** joined in '09? Thought you were one of those blow ins after we whitewashed Australia.

smash84

The Tiger King
woah, *****, you joined in 2009? I never paid attention to that, always thought you were a noob here for some reason. :blink: