• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your little superstitions whilst watching cricket

watson

Banned
I'm all for Rituals and Traditions (chill beer between start of play and lunch), but Superstitions are another matter.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The 2011 WC final. I started having some dinner (nice Poori and sabji btw) and Gambhir and Kohli started to get going. I tried to finish dinner and get up as I had to sit at an awkward angle to watch TV from where I was seated and then Kohli got out. Next thing I know I must had what seemed like a million Pooris as Dhoni and Gambhir and then Yuvi got us home. :p Ended up with a strained neck too and went out and partied at the beach after we won inspite of that. :)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great thread, I must confess as someone who totally takes the piss out of pretty much all superstitions & beliefs where there's no proper evidence to be found, cricket does seem to be an exception for me.

Always had a habit of taping the bat exactly 5 times as the bowler was running in & always put my left pad on first & also had some lucky gloves that I wore well past their use-by date.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As a player, I used to mark out lines against all 3 stumps before starting my innings. God knows why, I pretty much always stood middle stump unless facing left arm over or right arm around bowlers.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I loved the Grade Cricketer tweet, mentioning how Shafiq got out because someone in the Pakistani dressing rooms must have moved.

Burner

International Regular
On that note, isn't it much more comfortable to watch your favourite team bowl than it is to watch them bat? When you watch them bat, there's this imminent doom always in the back of your mind regardless of how well your team is doing. The superstitions are compounded when they are batting, and almost none when they are bowling, for me.

Mental health professionals around the world will be rejoicing after reading this thread. It's clear that they have enough work to keep them busy for years to come!

Shri

Mr. Glass
I always take my pants off when Ellyse Perry is batting or bowling.
She's the Aussie de Villiers. Talented in multiple sports, attractive, dorky and knows the game. Hope we see her as an analyst or commentator after she's done playing.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
When watching odi cricket if I want my team to get a wicket,I go to the toilet- works all the time (except when it doesn't)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
When watching odi cricket if I want my team to get a wicket,I go to the toilet- works all the time (except when it doesn't)
Does your missus crack the ****s when you do this in the lounge room watching the cricket? Mine ****ing hates it and goes right off.........really don't get females sometimes.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i try to always have the tv on the cricket when i'm watching the cricket on tv like idk about you guys