• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
I can see it's flatter, but India scored similar first innings totals against NZ on those wickets we couldn't survive a couple of overs from Ashwin and the screamer for that matter. Flat wicket or not, it's still day 5.

Edit: And as I say that, it took Mistra to breakthrough.
Have you seen a single ball go underground like it did in our series? But I agree, our batsmen are much more prone to making stupid errors than the English are which has played a part

Shri

Mr. Glass
I can see it's flatter, but India scored similar first innings totals against NZ on those wickets we couldn't survive a couple of overs from Ashwin and the screamer for that matter. Flat wicket or not, it's still day 5.

Edit: And as I say that, it took Mistra to breakthrough.
You had Guptill and they have Cook. Your post is invalid.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Don't see Cook declaring unless the lead is over 350, which is a hundred runs away. Should take another 20 overs and that will ensure a draw.

Blocky

Banned
That fact makes my post valid. I'm in agreement with you, it's the batsmen more than the pitch as Blocky was suggesting.
Latham isn't a scrub, Williamson isn't a scrub, Taylor at the moment happens to be a scrub, but would normally have dominated in these types of conditions.

Blocky

Banned
Root actively trying to hit out, after watching his captain and the other opening batsman bat at a snail pace on an easy wicket... that's a great team member, but it's not how he can keep his average up with the likes of Smith who would never do that.