• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younis Khan vs Rahul Dravid

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah his double against us on Bangalore was amazing.
Yes! That match was the start of the middle-order-saving-the-day-after-10/2 era over the last 10 years.

Yeah but I meant the specific batting conditions on Day 1 post the first half an hour of swing due to the chilly weather. Come on, it was obvious to anyone who saw the game.

EDIT: Guess I have been mixing up series here... That 39/6 pitch definitely did flatten out after that first half hour though.
Well yeah it flattened out but nowhere near as much as you're making it seem. Asif and Razzaq were getting plenty of movement and made a mess out of Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid and VVS's stumps throughout the match.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Agreed. Plus ,we can not forget that Khan had to work wonders with a very average batting line up for a long time. Dravid spent the largest chunk of his career playing wih the likes of Ganguly, Tendulkar, VVS and even Sehwag. Although they weren't all great, they were/are better than the likes of Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Salman Butt, Taufeeq Umar etc etc etc.

Look, 4th innings matter, especially when you directly correlate those runs to test matches won.

I get your point thought but it still doesn't change this analysis. Khan and Dravid are damn close, it's like trying to tell who had a better boxing career, Ali or Robinson. So we have to start looking at the minutiae, one of those in big hundreds, triples and ofc, the famed 4th innings.

Khan edges it slightly for me for those reasons...in tests. I have to reiterate the latter.
lol at anyone ranking ali over sugar.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes! That match was the start of the middle-order-saving-the-day-after-10/2 era over the last 10 years.

Well yeah it flattened out but nowhere near as much as you're making it seem. Asif and Razzaq were getting plenty of movement and made a mess out of Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid and VVS's stumps throughout the match.

I think the conditions had something to do with it. Funnily it swung on the 4th innings but the 3rd inning there was literally nothing for the bowlers. Might have been some atmospheric conditions though. The pitch was surely flat.

Rootfan

Banned
Outside SC excluding Zimbabwe:

Younis Khan average 41.25, 5 hundreds.
Rahul Dravid average 52.33,13 hundreds.

Just to put that difference in perspective, Ashwin averages 35 odd outside the Sc with 2 tons...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope NZ don't dish out any flat tracks this tour. Younis has padded his stats on feather beds for too long. Outside the SC, he averages 41 odd with 5 tons excluding Zimbabwe. Hopefully that will go down below 40 because that's his true class outside UAE/India/SL.
:wacko: