• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How hard is it to get tickets for a Lords Test match?

Marius

International Debutant
As like many others on this site, one of the things on my bucket list is to watch a Test match at Lords. South Africa, my team, is playing there next year, and thanks to a windfall I received I should be able to afford a trip to London next year.

Now, a trip to London will be nice without watching a Test at Lords, but I've been there a few times though, and if I go for another visit it will have to be for a compelling reason - like having a ticket to watch some of the Test match.

My question is, how difficult is it to get a ticket for a Lords Test? I have signed up to their website and will be notified when the lottery to get tickets opens. If you don't get a ticket though that are there other ways of getting tickets, or are they as scarce as the proverbial hen's teeth?

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
very easy if you're not visiting during a weekend...just reach 45 minutes before the start and buy a ticket from the gates

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
very easy if you're not visiting during a weekend...just reach 45 minutes before the start and buy a ticket from the gates
I'm not quite sure this is the advice. For instance the first three days of the summer test match against Sri Lanka were sold out by the time the game was played. https://www.lords.org/news/2016-2/june/test-match-ticket-sales-update/ I think Pakistan too were sold out or very close to for the first three days.

I'd suggest Marius keeps an eye on the lords or ecb website. Once the lottery/ballot is over there will still be a decent range of tickets left to choose from that go on public sale- probably around February.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah keep an eye on the websites as TE says. Tickets will be available on there as they shouldn't sell out totally this far in advance. Good luck in getting some, hope you get there.

91Jmay

International Coach
5th day tickets don't go on advanced sale, so that is about the only day that advice holds for

burr

State Vice-Captain
If you enter the ballot not hard at all in my experience. Entered two ballets and got tickets both times. Although you do have to consider who you are playing. I entered the ballot for two days with a friend for the Pakistan tests this year assuming we'd be lucky to get one (ala Ashes last year) and got both. Had no desire to pay 160 pounds to watch Eng-Pak on two days. So... yeah, you can watch cricket at Lords but it's very expensive and some of the stands are absolute rubbish. Still, an experience like no other, I'd recommend it 100%.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I was successful in my only attempt in the ballot as well - first day of the WI test in 2012.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
We've been in the ballot the past 3 years and always got tickets, only problem is you don't get control over where they put you. Year before last we were on the top of one of the Compton and Edrich stands which was great, this year we paid more and ended up in the mound stand with a much worse view.

Marius

International Debutant
Got an e-mail yesterday that I have tickets.

:)

Only got for the first day, but I'm happy with that. Let's hope the weather is good...

S.Kennedy

You can bring your own booze in - the only venue you can do that. Champagne of course seeing this is Lord's olde boy.

S.Kennedy

Pimms works but you'll also see plenty of champagne corks littering the outfield. Just do not go the 'four pack of Stella' route!

Marius

International Debutant
Looks like my friends and I got fairly lucky with the Lord's tickets. I got two, my friend got two, her father got two, her brother got two, and his girlfriend got two.

We're scattered around the ground but beggars can't be choosers.

I spoke to my brother's friend who lives in London and he didn't get any tickets in the ballot, and I see the first three days are sold out.

I got tickets for the Mound Stand - reading on the web it seems it's not the best stand. Does anyone here have an opinion?

burr

State Vice-Captain
This reminds me I totally forget to enter the ballot. I think I may tell my friend we were unlucky to miss out.