• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Web Podcast #18 - Screw You, Steve Smith

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In general, this podcast has got me into podcasts full stop. Never used to listen to any until I subscribed to this, got used to having it on when walking the dog and when I didn't have a new one to listen to it made me look elsewhere

It's changed my life. Thanks guys

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently if I buy some earphones for my iphone I can listen to this while I'm wandering to and from work so plan to do that tomorrow - I have shared this post with fatt so that he will know, in the based on past experience not improbable event that I get so distracted I walk out in front of a moving vehicle, that Howe, ***** and Marco are responsible for my demise

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In general, this podcast has got me into podcasts full stop. Never used to listen to any until I subscribed to this, got used to having it on when walking the dog and when I didn't have a new one to listen to it made me look elsewhere

It's changed my life. Thanks guys
If only they knew how little they'd approve of the podcasts you listen to :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All over the place with your ball discussion.

- They use the Dukes ball in the West Indies as well as the UK (slightly different version in the West Indies though).
- The Dukes ball is made in an entirely separate factory, and the ones they use for the Tests are in fact hand made.
- Adelaide is usually a ridiculously flat wicket but they left a lot more grass on it for that specific match due to fears the pink ball would deteriorate too quickly.

Howe_zat

Audio File
All over the place with your ball discussion.

- They use the Dukes ball in the West Indies as well as the UK (slightly different version in the West Indies though).
- The Dukes ball is made in an entirely separate factory, and the ones they use for the Tests are in fact hand made.
- Adelaide is usually a ridiculously flat wicket but they left a lot more grass on it for that specific match due to fears the pink ball would deteriorate too quickly.
I have a lot to say to this but am going to save it for the next pod.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Burgeys disbelief at a podcast being over an hour is hilarious to me. I subscribe to 30 podcasts, all of which post at least one episode a week. Some post 5 or even 6. All of the episodes are at least 45 minutes, most are over an hour. Giant Bombcast is usually over 3 hours. Come on man.

That said, I do listen to them at 1.3x speed, and some of them at 1.5x speed.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Burgeys disbelief at a podcast being over an hour is hilarious to me. I subscribe to 30 podcasts, all of which post at least one episode a week. Some post 5 or even 6. All of the episodes are at least 45 minutes, most are over an hour. Giant Bombcast is usually over 3 hours. Come on man.

That said, I do listen to them at 1.3x speed, and some of them at 1.5x speed.
Listening to ***** at 1.5x speed is akin to whalesong. You won't understand it, but it feels like there was some meaning behind it for the intended recipient.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been very busy doing research for my dissertation on how diets around the world affect the quality of their cricketers. Got this and the last podcast to catch up to. Will probably listen to both on the way to Uni and back tomorrow.

Bijed

International Regular
First time I've listened to one of these podcasts, got to say I'm impressed. Particularly enjoyed the part-time XI section.