• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-time Trading Game: Voting Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Please rank these Test teams in order.

harsh.ag (West Indies)

Gordon Greenidge
Conrad Hunte
George Headley
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Garry Sobers
Jackie Hendriks +
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Lance Gibbs

AndrewB (England)

Jack Hobbs
Len Hutton
Wally Hammond
Ken Barrington
Denis Compton
Ian Botham
Allan Knott
Harold Larwood
Fred Trueman
Jim Laker
Sydney Barnes

kingkallis (South Africa)

Barry Richards
Graeme Smith
Jacques Kallis
Graeme Pollock
AB de Villiers
Aubrey Faulkner
Dennis Lindsay
Mike Procter
Dale Steyn
Hugh Tayfield
Allan Donald

jimmy01 (Australia)

Trumper
Simpson
Bradman
Chappell
Border
Miller
Marsh
Lindwall
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

mr_mister (India)

Gavaskar
Engineer +
Dravid
Tendulkar
Hazare (6)
Laxman
Mankad (5)
Kapil (1)
Kumble (3)
Srinath (2)
Bedi (4)

morgieb (Pakistan)

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohammad
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mushtaq Mohammad (5)
Imran Khan (1) *
Rashid Latif +
Wasim Akram (3)
Waqar Younis (2)
Fazal Mahmood (4)

Flem274 (Sri Lanka)

Marvin Aattapatu
Sanath Jayasuriya
Kumar Sangakkara
Aravinda de Silva
Mahela Jayawardene
Angelo Mathews
Prasanna Jayawardene
Chaminda Vaas
Rangana Herath
Lasith Malinga
Muttian Muralitharan

Grumpy (New Zealand)

Glenn Turner
John Wright
Bert Sutcliffe
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Brendon McCullum (c/wk)
Daniel Vettori
Richard Hadlee
Chris Cairns
Shane Bomd
Jack Cowie

Red Hill (Others)

Tamim Iqbal
Murray Goodwin
Mominal Haque
Dave Houghton
Steve Tikolo
Andy Flower
Shakib Al Hasan
Ryan Ten Doeschate
Heath Streak
Bart King
Ole Mortensen

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
my vote:

1. harsh.ag
2. AndrewB
3. jimmy01
4. kingkallis
5. mr_mister
6. morgieb
7. Grumpy
8. Flem274*
9. Red Hill

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. jimmy101
2. harsh.ag
3. AndrewB
4. KingKallis
5. morgieb
6. mr_mister
7. Grumpy
8. Flem274*
9. Red Hill

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
1. jimmy01
2. AndrewB
3. harsh.ag
4. kingkallis
5. mr_mister
6. morgieb
7. Grumpy
8. Flem274
9. Red Hill

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
andrew
harsh
jimmy (replace rod marsh lol then we'll talk)
king kallis
morgie
myself
flem
grumpy
red hill

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised more people haven't been telling me to get Healy in for Marsh to be frank. Granted, Gilly was the greatest wk/batsman Australia ever produced.

mr_mister

we'd all expect healy over marsh as well. just gilly is the obvious first choice - basically Marsh would probably be many's 4th or 5th choice - behind Grout/Oldfield as well

kingkallis

International Coach
AndrewB ( England )
KingKallis ( South Africa )
jimmy01 ( Australia )
harsh.ag ( West Indies )
morgieb ( Pakistan )
mr_mister ( India )
Grumpy ( New Zealand )
flem274 ( Sri Lanka )
RedHill ( Others )

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
we'd all expect healy over marsh as well. just gilly is the obvious first choice - basically Marsh would probably be many's 4th or 5th choice - behind Grout/Oldfield as well
Aussie ATG teams are always hard to select as there are so many candidates for all the different roles in the team. My method of thinking was simply "c. Marsh b. Lillee".

mr_mister

Marsh was the original bairstow, the media dubbed him iron gloves after his first test coz the bloke couldn't catch a cold

Howe_zat

Audio File
OK initial voting is in.
1. jimmy01 72
2. harsh.ag 69
3. AndrewB 67
4. kingkallis 62
5. morgieb 44
6. mr_mister 38
7. Grumpy 25
8. Flem274* 20
9. Red Hill 9

Back to the other thread, then.

mr_mister

First passage of Bairstow snr's profile

David Bairstow was found hanged at his home on January 5, 1998. He was 46. Reports said he had been suffering from depression: his wife was ill, he had financial troubles, he faced a drink-driving charge and was in pain from his own injuries. The news stunned cricket, especially as Bairstow had always seemed the most indomitable and least introspective of men, and led to much comment on the problems faced by retired sportsmen.

So obviously the entire paragraph is sad as hell, but something to note was that I'm guessing his wife might have passed away soon after? (I assume ill means some kind of terminal illness in this context)

so has Jonny Bairstow been an orphan since he was a kid? If so, **** what a trooper.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First passage of Bairstow snr's profile

David Bairstow was found hanged at his home on January 5, 1998. He was 46. Reports said he had been suffering from depression: his wife was ill, he had financial troubles, he faced a drink-driving charge and was in pain from his own injuries. The news stunned cricket, especially as Bairstow had always seemed the most indomitable and least introspective of men, and led to much comment on the problems faced by retired sportsmen.

So obviously the entire paragraph is sad as hell, but something to note was that I'm guessing his wife might have passed away soon after? (I assume ill means some kind of terminal illness in this context)

so has Jonny Bairstow been an orphan since he was a kid? If so, **** what a trooper.
FWIW his mother did recover from breast cancer and is still alive. Even so seeing your dad commit suicide when you were 8 is still ****ed up.

An interesting article on this: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/may/16/jonny-bairstow-adversity-family-cricket-father