• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-Time Trading Game

Howe_zat

Audio File
You take a country's all-time lineup and try to improve it with trades. The winner is the player who improves their side the most.

To play you need to claim a one side out of England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Then post what you feel is their best XI along with 7 reserve players to form a squad.

Rules:

When the trading window opens you will have exactly 1 week to make as many trades as you can.
There are no limits on how many players can be traded at once or how (e.g. trading one player for two others is fine).
You need to make sure to have at least a full XI at the end.
Sitting on the side you currently have is not allowed and going 48 hours without a trade will result in losing one randomly selected player from your squad.
To confirm a trade you need to quote a proposed trade from another player and say 'confirmed' in bold.
Everyone in your original squad of 18 must have played at least one Test for your chosen country and no one else.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I claim the West Indies side as mine for this game.

Will put up a list of players in due course.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Can I make an XI of players not selected in the original XIs, but before the 7 subs?

mr_mister

Batsmen (8)

Merchant
Hazare
Gavaskar
Azharuddin
Tendulkar
Dravid
Laxman
Sehwag

Keepers (2)

Engineer
Dhoni

All rounders (3)

Mankad
Dev
Ashwin

Bowlers (5)

Gupte
Chandrasekhar
Bedi
Srinath
Kumble

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Trumper
Simpson
Bradman
Chappell
Border
Miller
Marsh
Lindwall
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Subs: Lawry, Macartney, McCabe, Ponting, Oldfield, Spofforth, O'Reilly

Spewing that I had to leave out Tugga.

mr_mister

Batsmen (8)

Merchant
Hazare
Gavaskar
Azharuddin
Tendulkar
Dravid
Laxman
Sehwag

Keepers (2)

Engineer
Dhoni

All rounders (3)

Mankad
Dev
Ashwin

Bowlers (5)

Gupte
Chandrasekhar
Bedi
Srinath
Kumble
final team

Gavaskar
Engineer +
Dravid
Tendulkar
Hazare (6)
Laxman
Mankad (5)
Kapil (1)
Kumble (3)
Srinath (2)
Bedi (4)

not sure if I should swap Mankad and Engineer

Last edited:

harsh.ag

So, the players left out of the original XI (kept in the subs, that is) can't then be swapped into the final XI at the end?

But players picked in the original XI can be left out if you want to replace them with the acquired players, even if they haven't been traded away, right?

Last edited: