• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian Healy vs Mark Boucher vs Adam Parore

Best keeper batsman in these options

• Ian Healy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Mark Boucher

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Adam Parore

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

slippy888

International Captain
I think these guys are very good 2nd level players in there batting stats compared to guys like Gilchrist and Sangakarra and Dhoni who took batting from a keeper to a different level for a wicket keeper.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think these guys are very good 2nd level players in there batting stats compared to guys like Gilchrist and Sangakarra and Dhoni who took batting from a keeper to a different level for a wicket keeper.
Dhoni doesn't belong in that discussion at all. He was a woeful Test batsman.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Healy was the best keeper I've seen.

Didn't see Knott.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously Ian Healy is the best of those 3, but make no mistake, Parore was no joke a of keeper, he was a very fine glove-man in his own right, hardly ever put of catch down.

Flem274*

123/5
boucher the best batsman, healy the best gloveman, parore is like the best fence sitter middle ground player of the three

boucher because the other two are massive ****s

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Parore was a pretty outstanding gloveman, under Rixon. Took a catch off Jason Gillespie in Perth (?) that was insanely good standing up to Vettori, and really never missed anything I can think of. Suffered a bit from being a major dick, and having to live up to the nickname Maverick that he was given early in life. I'm sure he would've handled Warne like Healy did, because he handled him with the bat on plenty of occasions including that Perth Test. Very, very good player of spin with the bat.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Healy was the best wicketkeeper I've seen tbh. I saw Knott but when I did he was towards the end of his career and I was pretty young. Bob Taylor was a gun too.

I don't think Boucher was too far ahead of Healy with the bat tbh. Not by the same margin that Healy was a better glove man. Didn't see a lot of Parore. Struck me as a knob tbh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If we're talking pure keepers, Jack Russell has to be up there. Some of his work up to the stumps was other-worldly. Might lose marks for lack of athleticism, I guess.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dhoni was far from a woeful test batsman. For a guy who spent the majority of his career at #7, he was perfectly ok.

Regarding Healy's batting, the guy was great when the pressure was on. Most of his tons and his 80s and 90s happened when he came to the crease with Australia at 5 for sub 200, and he got Aust into a strong position. Guy was pretty dogged.

There was good reason why he was selected in our team of the century by CA in 2000.

Arthur Morris
Bill Ponsford
Don Bradman(c)
Greg Chappell
Neil Harvey
Keith Miller(vc)
Ian Healy(k)
Ray Lindwall
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Bill O’Reilly
Allan Border(12th man)

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was good reason why he was selected in our team of the century by CA in 2000.

Arthur Morris
Bill Ponsford
Don Bradman(c)
Greg Chappell
Neil Harvey
Keith Miller(vc)
Ian Healy(k)
Ray Lindwall
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Bill O’Reilly
Allan Border(12th man)
This is probably what set Burgey off I suppose.

cnerd123

likes this
Dhoni was far from a woeful test batsman. For a guy who spent the majority of his career at #7, he was perfectly ok.

Regarding Healy's batting, the guy was great when the pressure was on. Most of his tons and his 80s and 90s happened when he came to the crease with Australia at 5 for sub 200, and he got Aust into a strong position. Guy was pretty dogged.

Arthur Morris
Bill Ponsford
Don Bradman(c)
Greg Chappell
Neil Harvey
Keith Miller(vc)
Ian Healy(k)
Ray Lindwall
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Bill O’Reilly
Allan Border(12th man)