• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FCA goes mainstream

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's not extraordinary if you make that many posts, in such a short time. Of course when anyone digs a thread he'll be all over it. His impact a bit like how dominant the Black Death was for the 14th century.
Except less wanted...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard and tooextracool, the Austin vs. Rock Wrestlemania 17 rivalry of CW. Two huge babyfaces, loved by their loyal fans.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As the years went by, people who either liked or tolerated Richard grew tired of him IMO. He got worse and more self-indulgent as time went by. Whereas tec hasn't changed since day one (make your mind up whether it's a good thing or not).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As the years went by, people who either liked or tolerated Richard grew tired of him IMO. He got worse and more self-indulgent as time went by. Whereas tec hasn't changed since day one (make your mind up whether it's a good thing or not).
I don't know if he actually got worse per se; it's just that I think a lot of people liked him in small doses but found him grating posting in such large volume and stifling any non-Richard-related discussion in near enough to every thread.

Some people hated him regardless but I think it was just the quantity that turned a lot of people off. I'm sure some of the silly few people here who like my posts would quickly start wishing I'd take a break from the forum if literally every thread on here became a discussion about the importance of longevity or libertarianism or something else I had a minority opinion on.

Richard had a lot of minority opinions and never grew tired of discussing them, so when he was active every thread was suffocated by them. Individually his posts were fine but collectively they became a problem when he was in a real intense phase of posting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know if he actually got worse per se; it's just that I think a lot of people liked him in small doses but found him grating posting in such large volume and stifling any non-Richard-related discussion in near enough to every thread.

Some people hated him regardless but I think it was just the quantity that turned a lot of people off. I'm sure some of the silly few people here who like my posts would quickly start wishing I'd take a break from the forum if literally every thread on here became a discussion about the importance of longevity or libertarianism or something else I had a minority opinion on.

Richard had a lot of minority opinions and never grew tired of discussing them, so when he was active every thread was suffocated by them. Individually his posts were fine but collectively they became a problem when he was in a real intense phase of posting.
Largely a fair point, but he did start to become a bit less patient with new posters etc, and there was also editgate in early 2010. He was never quite as active after that and it was probably a low point in his posting career (because that's what CW was for Richard, make no mistake). I also think we started to get a newer user base that were perhaps less prepared to tolerate him, and strongly believe that was he still about now he would be eaten alive.

I did personally go off him a little when he made a few comments to me on MSN (the one that sticks is 'Congrats on james appointing you head of news or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd have asked me if I wasn't so busy' - such a poor mindset is reflected when someone says something like that so it does cause you to re-evaluate)

Anyway, enough of that, what do you think about the way Johnson has ran his campaign?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Largely a fair point, but he did start to become a bit less patient with new posters etc, and there was also editgate in early 2010. He was never quite as active after that and it was probably a low point in his posting career (because that's what CW was for Richard, make no mistake). I also think we started to get a newer user base that were perhaps less prepared to tolerate him, and strongly believe that was he still about now he would be eaten alive.

I did personally go off him a little when he made a few comments to me on MSN (the one that sticks is 'Congrats on james appointing you head of news or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd have asked me if I wasn't so busy' - such a poor mindset is reflected when someone says something like that so it does cause you to re-evaluate)

Anyway, enough of that, what do you think about the way Johnson has ran his campaign?
What was this?

nick-o

State 12th Man
I have this recurring nightmare that one day Richard will return and post a reply to every thread that's been active since his last visit

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For whatever reason I've been less tolerant of Richard in his absence. I generally didn't mind him to a huge extent when he was around; now when I look back on threads I just think he was a massive ****.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus that link GIMH posted was so emblematic of Richard. Not so much the editing but just the posting in general. I just read it and now I have a terrible headache.