• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tiers for ranking players

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh yeah, by a margin. I'm just trying to think why it might be thought otherwise, N00fers man-crush excepted.

viriya

International Captain
I never realised Murali averaged 75 with the ball in Australia over a 12 year period, including the golden era viriya refers to. In hindsight I have to agree - no one else being considered as an ATG or even in a league of their own as a bowler has consistently performed so poorly over the entire length of his career in one country. He's truly in a league of his own.

I knew he flopped here, I didn't realise he climbed the Eiffel Tower, spread his arms to the adoring crowd and performed the mother of all belly flops into a six inch deep inflatable pool. His best bowling here was for the ICC XI too. His average for SL here is 106!!!!!! I know he only played five matches in total here, but it's not like he's had one **** series in a country and never come back. That's terrible. Under 10s terrible. Australia would rather have faced Murali than Eddie Hemmings here. Just think about that.
Uh.. he played all of 5 tests in Australia, with 2 tests near his debut. Anyway, this is stuff that has been talked about forever so I'll lay it to rest.

Did you know Sobers averaged 15 in NZ? Obviously a **** overrated player.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Uh.. he played all of 5 tests in Australia, with 2 tests near his debut. Anyway, this is stuff that hasn't been talked about forever so I'll lay it to rest.

Did you know Sobers averaged 12 in NZ? Obviously a **** overrated player.
Mate, if you want to troll Burgey, you do it like this:

Ravi Ashwin averages more with the bat in the West Indies than Allan Border. Has more centuries too.

Burgey

Mate, if you want to troll Burgey, you do it like this:

Ravi Ashwin averages more with the bat in the West Indies than Allan Border. Has more centuries too.
Much better from ***** here.

Of course, the comparison is silly, because Allan Border is incomparable.

cnerd123

likes this
Much better from ***** here.

Of course, the comparison is silly, because Allan Border is incomparable.
Can't get into his own nation's ATXI, can't out-bat Ravi Ashwin, and can't even hold down his own nickname.

Truly incomparable.

OverratedSanity

The fact that Burgey has to go out if his way to call him TOTAB over and over again is a failure. We don't call de Villiers the one true AB or any **** like that. He's just called AB. Burgey and Border have lost.

Last edited:

Burgey

Can't get into his own nation's ATXI, can't out-bat Ravi Ashwin, and can't even hold down his own nickname.

Truly incomparable.
Look mate, even if you were right (and you're not of course), according to the owner of the interwebz leading cricketing statistics web site, that sort of hole in his record would still make him Grand Master and a level above everyone else.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He created a whole player analysis system to take down Trescothick, an English cricketer.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
He created a whole player analysis system to take down Trescothick, an English cricketer.
You dislike some Indian cricketers too, but that doesn't mean you don't have a bias in general.

Richard said things like 'Nick Knight is a better ODI batsman than Adam Gilchrist', 'Atherton was a better opener than Hayden' - if those don't give any hint of Nationality-based bias then I don't know what does

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You know you can just ask weldone to not reply to you and he'll oblige?

Or atleast he says he will. Either way, it's worth a shot.
lol you wish...if you're obsessed about me and can't stop posting bad things about me then I'll continue to reply and point that out in a not-so-nice way

Last edited: