• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes Inquest

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Begins today, expected to run all week.

Obviously very sad, but it will be interesting to see if there are any recommendation/ critiques concerning safety aspects of the game arising from it.

If there are I'd expect Mike Baird to impose fast bowling lock out, and we'll end up like India.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully there'll just be recommendations for better medical preparation for injuries in domestic matches, even if in this case medical assistance was fruitless. Was listening in before and it sounds like it was a bit of a hassle to get medical equipment out there.

Burgey

Yeah I think that would be about the best you could hope for out of it. There might be recommendations brought in for having St John's or the like on site at grade games etc, but who knows. I presume Abbott will have to give evidence. Poor bastard.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
You'd hope Abbott doesn't have to front considering the circumstances. Poor guy has gone thru enough.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is that helmet that covers the back of the neck mandatory now? Or is it still up to players?

Hadn't given it much thought recently until I think KWs attachment popped off the back of his helmet on the tour to India.

Gnske

Probably recommend mandatory use I'd imagine if it's only recommended at this point.

Spikey

Peter Lalor ‏@plalor 4m4 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
There are allegations Doug Bollinger said "I am going to kill you" the day Hughes was hit.

i bet dougeh says that phrase every day

Spikey

On my phone now, but Haddin's quotes desribe how I felt when watching it. Had never saw anything like that before and was so scared

Gnske

Wasn't it Steyn who said a few years back he relished the game for being able to legally kill a batsman twice in an over?

mr_mister

yeah Steyn is a ****wit as well, no big shock there

you can tell Steyn is a **** by just looking at his face

mr_mister

wow touch a nerve there? personal attacks against users aren't cool, attacks against players who will never see this are a different story

hang your head

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Phlegm got torn to shreds by Mitch McCleneghan, Jimmy Neesham was a member before he got big, and ZinZan chased off Martin Crowe.