• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Draft By Nation: All Time XI

listento_me

U19 Captain
So, I thought I'd do a draft that hasn't been done on here...at least I think so. I had a quick look through search and didn't find anything like this, hopefully I haven't missed anything.

The premise is pretty simple, each test playing nation and one associate, has to be represented in your team. So that's a player each from the 10 test nations and one from any of the associates. I'm also going to restrict to cricketers who have played in the 21st century ONLY, thus restricting the obvious names that often pop up.

Rules:

1. Any player from a test playing nation, must have played a minimum of 15 tests AND 30 ODIs in this century, so that's beginning January 1st 2000.

2. Associate players have to have played a minimum of 20 ODIs AND/OR 15 first class matches in this century. Associates are defined as any country which can participate in an international 50 over match but does not have test status, e.g. Afghanistan. Players from associate countries that have played for test playing nations can also be included, as long as they meet the requirements.

3. You can ONLY pick one player from each country.

4. Batting line ups can be flexible, so you can promote someone up to open, if that's what your team requires. There is no limit on how many or how few matches a particular batsman has played at a particular position.

There you go. Nothing too complicated but hopefully a bit different.

I'll wait for 8 responses, so if you wana join in, just post here. More of you can join in if there's demand and the number can be upped.

In so far:
1. NZTailender
2. morgieb
3. The Battlers Prince
4. Shady Slim
5. jimmy101
6. AndrewB
7. kingkalis
8. RedHill
9. Stace (if he still wants to)

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
the draft's done but smali needs to put his final team up so i can remake the voting thread lol

listento_me

U19 Captain
better response than I expected for my first time here hehe

so I'll wait around for an 8th name and if a few more wana sign up, I will definitely expand. I was looking for more along the lines of 12, just to make things more difficult.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I'll have a go.

Edit: Already 8 in, I'll wait for another draft.

Last edited:

listento_me

U19 Captain
Are we picking a Test team, an ODI team, or a team for all formats?
A team for all formats, which is why I've mentioned the criteria for players from test nations has to include 30 ODIs minimum.

I'll have a go.

Edit: Already 8 in, I'll wait for another draft.
No problem, I can easily expand the number of participants.

I'll keep entrants open till midday tomorrow GMT.