• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question No One Here Would Dare Ask

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think there is probably truth to that, but the idea that you can't find 3 broad shouldered bowlers in a population the size of India over a 20 year period seems pretty unlikely... The majority of these broad shouldered ****s aren't choosing to bowl.
Ravi Shastri, Kumble, Ashwin(lol engineer bod), Axar Patel are a few guys who are tall and wide but they chose to be spinners. Azhar, the match-fixing ****, and Yuvraj chose to be batsmen. Its not like we exclusively play frail midgets like L Sivaramakrishnan.

So, we don't exactly have a lack of people who might be physically fit for fast bowling but the ones who are, are attracted to other disciplines in the sport.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Ravi Shastri, Kumble, Ashwin(lol engineer bod), Axar Patel are a few guys who are tall and wide but they chose to be spinners. Azhar, the match-fixing ****, and Yuvraj chose to be batsmen. Its not like we exclusively play frail midgets like L Sivaramakrishnan.

So, we don't exactly have a lack of people who might be physically fit for fast bowling but the ones who are, are attracted to other disciplines in the sport.
All the Sardars and Pathans would make amazing quick bowlers, but they usually end up as batsmen/spinners/medium pacers too. Its ridiculous.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the Sardars and Pathans would make amazing quick bowlers, but they usually end up as batsmen/spinners/medium pacers too. Its ridiculous.
Sardars drink too much lassi and put ghee on their parathas

Pathans were the only hope but Modi took care of that didn't he

cnerd123

likes this
Sardars drink too much lassi and put ghee on their parathas

Pathans were the only hope but Modi took care of that didn't he
Thought you meant Lalit Modi at first, and then was wondering what he ever did to the Pathan population...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Thanks for repeating my post with more words.

In all seriousness, this is absolutely the case. People just don't want to become fast bowlers. Indian cricket needs a hero fast bowler. Nostrils is our only hope.

Last edited:

Burgey

I expect a whole generation of young Indian cricketers to develop with massive nostrils tbh.

Then take up bowling off spin.

Burgey

I watched some of the NZ innings last night in the ODI and there's a couple of observations I feel are worth making about the bowling I saw.

Firstly, Nostrils is obviously the only red meat eater in India. That's why I love him.

Second, they had that other bloke Bumrah bowling. That's the sort of seam up bowling we're used to seeing from Indian vegetarians. Only a herbivore can bowl with that sort of action and still get it down the other end of the pitch. I'd say 2nd or 3rd grade as a seamer over here, which is ok, because tbf most of our batsmen wouldn't get a game at FC level in India because they're so **** against spin.

It was like watching the glory days of the 80s and 90s with Kapil Dev at one end and some random plodder at the other. In fact, I just tried to pluck a name of an Indian quick from the 1980s to put in this thread, but when I Googled "India fast Bowlers of the 1980s" the search results were all about West Indian fast bowlers of the 1980s. There wasn't even an alternative search suggested on Google which included India. Try it. Sad!

What this tells me is that the emergence of Nostrils might be the start of something big. Bis as a T Bone steak done medium rare and washed down with a big, beefy South Australian Shiraz like a Hill of Grace. That's big. It could be the biggest thing ever in Indian cricket. If Nostrils can get his meat eating ways to take hold int eh dressing shed, I reckon we can see the start of an Indian fast bowling dynasty.

Howe_zat

Audio File
In fact, I just tried to pluck a name of an Indian quick from the 1980s to put in this thread, but when I Googled "India fast Bowlers of the 1980s" the search results were all about West Indian fast bowlers of the 1980s. There wasn't even an alternative search suggested on Google which included India. Try it. Sad!
This is actually true :laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Second, they had that other bloke Bumrah bowling. That's the sort of seam up bowling we're used to seeing from Indian vegetarians. Only a herbivore can bowl with that sort of action and still get it down the other end of the pitch. I'd say 2nd or 3rd grade as a seamer over here, which is ok, because tbf most of our batsmen wouldn't get a game at FC level in India because they're so **** against spin.
Did your ever come across an exciting herbivore called Debashish Mohanty? He was from the 90s but he was the first herbivore to get it down the other end of the pitch with that action :p