• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonathon Trott's Book

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was 2008 when he got his T20 debut though wasn't it? Maybe 07, definitely not any earlier

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He was a much better limited overs player than FC player in the mid 2000s, at that time I'm pretty sure he was picked in his best format. Arguably was during his peak run in the England side given how consistent he was as an ODI 3.

By 2009 he'd dramatically improved his FC record so was probably picked at about the right time.
He was always a quality List A batsman, but one of the "constructing a proper, substantial innings" variety rather than Buttleresque pyrotechnics.

From memory though he hadn't pulled up too many domestic T20 trees though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He was always a quality List A batsman, but one of the "constructing a proper, substantial innings" variety rather than Buttleresque pyrotechnics.

From memory though he hadn't pulled up too many domestic T20 trees though.
Yeah I think it's most likely England selection had basically no idea what to do with international T20 in its first few years so they picked some good 50 over players to cover the small sample size.

Jeremy Snape got picked

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I think it's most likely England selection had basically no idea what to do with international T20 in its first few years so they picked some good 50 over players to cover the small sample size.

Jeremy Snape got picked
Wasn't Snape really good in domestic T20?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well at least he waited until his career ended to write one, unlike a particular red haired balding ginger in the current lineup.

Hopefully it'll exceed the very low bar set by Ponting's, the only thing I've ever read and simultaneously the worst thing I've ever read.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Where did I disagree with any of that you ****ing Donald Trump lover
I guess my point is even if Trott had slept with Vaughan's wife he'd have been right to say Vaughan was a dick for writing that article

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Great piece Fred.........can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book. There will always be a special place in my heart for IJL Trott.

A Barmy Army tribute to Jonny Trotter.......

(to the tune of Only Fools and Horses)

Stick your passport in your pocket
And your kitbag in the van
Cos if you want the Ashes
And you don't mind Saffers
Then brother, he's your man

Cos where he comes from is no mystery
But he's gonna lead us home to an Ashes victory
A song for him was driving us beserk
But then we thought that Jonny Trotter works

La-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la-la-la

Last edited: