• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patto has to be a shoo-in for the next home tests barring another injury. Hell play him as an all-rounder if you have to he's a better bat than Mitch Marsh

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
60 wickets for the season. Sayers is a ****ing gun.

Anybody know if they are using the Dukes ball in the shield final?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Confirmed on comms earlier that they were

Chadd is so immense, surprised Counties aren't leaping like lepers to sign up.

Midwinter

State Captain
Some good work buy Gotch and Pattinson with the bat.

Crikey that Sayers can't help himself getting wickets ,a sterling effort !

Riggins

International Captain
Seriously, what's the difference between some of our grounds and the non-Adelaide Oval grounds that have FC status in South Australia?
Glenelg is a bloody good facility these days. Don't know if any others have FC status, most of them are worse than the Vic ones that I've played on (which is v limited).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Glenelg is a bloody good facility these days. Don't know if any others have FC status, most of them are worse than the Vic ones that I've played on (which is v limited).
What would need to be done to Melbourne Uni's ground to get it up to FC status, for example?

Riggins

International Captain
The actual cricket would be fine at a lot of grade grounds but they don't have a lot of the ancillary stuff - proper viewing areas, space for 10-15 support staff, catering etc. I reckon that would be the biggest obstacle.

Spikey

I've never been able to find out what the actual exact criteria is, but the practice wickets being off the ground is a big one.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sayers is probably the unluckiest bowler is history. He has zero chance of making the Aus team while 3 of Haze, Starc, Cummins and Pattinson are fit. He may leapfrog Bird but it's unlikely he'll end up playing more than a handful of tests purely because of timing.

South Australia's Andy Bichel.

TheJediBrah

another 5fer for Holland

Guy's been crazy good in the Shield last few years. Pretty sure he's a lot better than Lyon.