• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
Could be worse, he faced 3 balls

it could have been a golden duck or even a diamond one.

But things haven't gone well since he was selected to play that test match

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could be worse, he faced 3 balls

it could have been a golden duck or even a diamond one.

But things haven't gone well since he was selected to play that test match
Off-season can't come soon enough for him, needs some time off tbh.

At least they have Joof though, boy is developing a real knack for making the only notable score when SA flops with their batting.

Midwinter

State Captain
Congratulations to Chad Sayers 50 wickets for the season.

And he has 2 games to go.

Mackin was WA's saviour in past few games and now the Dorff comes along.

Can't see the Vic getting out of this.

Up to the veterrens Finch and White to save the game.

WA bowlers been instructed not to get anyone out. The Dorff to take all 10 this time

Last edited:

Midwinter

State Captain
Another good day of shield cricket

The Apple eaters had a good day at the crease, Bailey continuing his good season 93no,this time he got support from his teammates

NSW struggling to get wickets.

Croweaters batting collapsed again, 62 behind. Joof top scoring with 59. Wildermuth having a good game with the ball 5/40, and with the bat.

Sayers turned it on again to have the Bananabenders to have them 3/24, picking up his 50th wicket for the season but Qld now 152 ahead 6 wickets in hand, still could be a tight game.

Over west the Sandgropers are giving the Vics a good going over, looking at an innings win in 2 days despite only scoring 285.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
His overall record is better than I'd thought tbh. You'd think he'd be in contention for backup fast bowling spots.
Yeah, he'd have to be up there.

Makes me think, which of the younger uncapped guys has the biggest Test future?

Behrendorff
Paris
Stanlake
Mackin
Tremain

are the names with the best records or buzz around them. (Sayers being more of a finished product, stands apart)

Will any of them be able match the level of a, hopefully soon to be fully fit, Hazlewood, Starc, Cummins, Pattinson quartet?

Starfighter

Behrendorff's 14/89 the ninth best Shield figures and the best since Alderman's 14/87 in 1981, the only post-war performance in the top eight.

So, all-in-all a pretty decent effort.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the SA vs QLD highlights, AO now apparently a minefield judging by the number of guys throwing heads back at length balls.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gorgeous George with an important ton here. Tassie building a decent lead against the Bl00s.

social

Yeah, he'd have to be up there.

Makes me think, which of the younger uncapped guys has the biggest Test future?

Behrendorff
Paris
Stanlake
Mackin
Tremain

are the names with the best records or buzz around them. (Sayers being more of a finished product, stands apart)

Will any of them be able match the level of a, hopefully soon to be fully fit, Hazlewood, Starc, Cummins, Pattinson quartet?
Aside from injury, I'd say the biggest hurdle facing 'Dorf and Paris is that they are lefties and, assuming Starc is fit, I dont think that the selectors would be too keen on playing more than one in a test

Stanlake is the one for me - very tall, seriously quick and bowls natural outies

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Same problem Dougie had for years with Johnson being around and never getting injured. Maybe if we start using Dukes multiple lefties will have more of a chance.

A guy of Stanlake's size just seems too likely to break, eventually permanently. I'm sure he'll have some great days when he's on the park, though.

Haven't really seen Mackin, but seems to have done well, especially with Moody sucking so hard at the other end.

Overall I still think Behrendorff will play the most tests despite selectors getting in his way.