• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
Comfortable win by Qld.

Burns looked in control, Reardon took all the risks.

Darcy Short looked interesting as the left arm spinner.

Voges also looked good , Bancroft did alright but nothing flash.

The Dorff swung the ball nicely in his opening spell

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
good god the waugh hype machine is gonna be unbearable after his performances here
When Swaugh brought him to Bankstown, he apparently walked in and said "Does anyone here know anything about batting? Because according to this kid, I don't". Good to know even the legends of the game can't get through to their teenage sons.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well at least CA love NSW enough to provide a stream for their non-televised games.

Seems Patterson studies at the Broad University of walking.

TheJediBrah

Well at least CA love NSW enough to provide a stream for their non-televised games.

Seems Patterson studies at the Broad University of walking.
It was also nice of them to have a few token matches in Brisbane and Perth, even if NSW didn't have to play any of them

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bartlett is 17? Was sitting down at long-on and he looks mid-20s.

Not the best of days for PEWS's boi Nair imo, despite the figures.

TheJediBrah

Well done Moises nice to see you dominate some 17 year old kids instead of displaying some basic competence when called on to represent your country

nah he's a good bloke

Spikey

When Swaugh brought him to Bankstown, he apparently walked in and said "Does anyone here know anything about batting? Because according to this kid, I don't". Good to know even the legends of the game can't get through to their teenage sons.
Mate Austin just wanted some tips and Steve just started ****ing droning on about the baggy green and John Williamson

brockley

International Captain
Gibson will miss the opener,but will be hard to leave out of The Blues line up,another score,and I'd say he'll replace Rohrer,and that is not a bad thing.

brockley

International Captain
Evan Gulbris called in for Ian Holland,in the nets yesterday,I would think they would call him up instead of Fawad for the game today. How Tassie let him go I don't know.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gibson will miss the opener,but will be hard to leave out of The Blues line up,another score,and I'd say he'll replace Rohrer,and that is not a bad thing.
Why will Gibson miss the opener? Because of Test players Warner and Smith?

Evan Gulbris called in for Ian Holland,in the nets yesterday,I would think they would call him up instead of Fawad for the game today. How Tassie let him go I don't know.
What, Gulbis was called up to bowl in the nets yesterday? Gulbis appears to be a rocks and diamonds player so he might fit into Victoria's lineup better where if he is bowling rubbish, they'll just hand the ball to one of the 7 other guys capable of bowling well.

BTW, do you think WA are crazy that they picked Wells over Bosisto or I wonder if they'd rather Bosisto being a key player for CA XI instead of a more fringe role for his state.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Wells has an ok domestic one day record in the 30's,its first class cricket he really suffers in.

Lets see Cowan,Warner,Maddison,Smith Henriques,Nevill,7 the allrounder,maybe Copeland or O'keefe.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wells has an ok domestic one day record in the 30's,its first class cricket he really suffers in.

Lets see Cowan,Warner,Maddison,Smith Henriques,Nevill,7 the allrounder,maybe Copeland or O'keefe.
No he doesn't mate.

brockley

International Captain
OK late 20's then,just checked it 27.95 and considering he batted down the order for Tassie that was passable.
21.91 first class cricket not passable.
He did not get a state contract due 2 his 4 day numbers.
Which state contracts are generally given on
But if you compare it to Ryan Gibson,well your going 2 be unhappy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Wells average is reasonable in List-A you are correct, definitely seems like one of those players who's best performances are in the order of T20, OD, First Class. For me the question is more whether picking a talented recent Australian under 19 captain from WA is a better fit in a team with experienced bats in Klinger and Voges or picking Jono Wells. I would take the former unless I was satisfied that his stint captaining the CA team would be more beneficial, that's the thing that I don't know what WA think.

The other day when Healy was commentating he said that player X was better than his record suggests. He seemed to say that about many of the middle order bats, I remember it especially for Sam Whiteman who averages like 21 at a strike rate of only 65. The SR is poor, but especially domestically you tend to see lots of bats who come in at 5-7 who's average look a bit below par. I guess the pitches are often less flat than in ODIs.