• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

adub

International Captain
I was thinking MadDog would just come in at 3 replacing Smith but you never know.
Nah KPat owns that spot after his great season there last year. Only thing he didn't do was turn a ton into a Daddy.

Da Dog will probs bat 4, but I could see Moises pulling rank and moving up one for several reasons like being steadier and to improve his own chances of deMitchifying the test team.

adub

International Captain
Your mob off to a flying start n00000fers

And NSW being very not NSW giving Gibson a cap and playing just the four frontline bowlers.

Lots of spin from both ends expected.

Midwinter

State Captain
Good start for the Vics

Finch left out, CW forumites wielding their influence

:)

But Fawad also left out.

:unsure:

Last edited:

Midwinter

State Captain
Wow

The only good batting conditions in Australia today are at the WACA

Qld 137 Holland 4/32
Tas 98 (Bird 6no) Sayers 6/32 Croweaters pacers sweepoing all before them. Head and Zampa 3 overs 0/18
WA 6/103

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They simply never will work out that SOK doesn't spin the ball will they?
It's astonishing.

i quite enjoy sommerville. seems like nsw - and the other states - are getting their **** together re streams. nothing on par with Adelaide Oval yet but a big improvement.

Midwinter

State Captain
Hilton Cartwright is player to watch out for.

He just seems to be improving every game.

Remember bagging him in last summers CA XI,he obviously took it onboard as he has hardly put a foot wrong since.

:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Some very crazy scorecards for day 1, well done Ashton Turner on his 81. The way Whiteman bats these days, they should be switched around.

Tasmania should get relegated to Futures Cricket. The highest bidding state can have Jackson Bird.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Weatherald ton up, really like the cut of his jib.

Tasmania should indeed be relegated to futures league tbh for letting Kelvin Smith score that many.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some very crazy scorecards for day 1, well done Ashton Turner on his 81. The way Whiteman bats these days, they should be switched around.

Tasmania should get relegated to Futures Cricket. The highest bidding state can have Jackson Bird.
That whole WA middle order was backwards

Agar
Whiteman
Bosisto
Turner

Literally the reverse of what it should have been. I have a feeling they completely changed it around for the sake of maintaining a left/right-hand-bat combination which is utter stupidity

Gnske

Langer must have no idea what to do with Bosisto, he's made him play just about every position apart from his appropriate middle order place.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just watching some of the wickets from today's action, can someone explain Stoinis dismissal? I watched it on replay a few times and just don't get how the ball went at that trajectory.

For QLD, Wildermuth getting out stumped was awful and Burns getting out bowled by Boland is an area of the game that he really needs to work on if he wants to get back into the Australian setup.

Gnske

Just watching some of the wickets from today's action, can someone explain Stoinis dismissal? I watched it on replay a few times and just don't get how the ball went at that trajectory.

For QLD, Wildermuth getting out stumped was awful and Burns getting out bowled by Boland is an area of the game that he really needs to work on if he wants to get back into the Australian setup.
He really opens up like a flower when he gets bowled, his back leg always seems to kick out and his bat will be coming in from 2nd/3rd slip.

Sort of glad he was replaced even if it was Darsh, he has his flaws but even when he's bad he doesn't look as loose as Burns.