• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team born in the same year as you

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
How come no one commented that this was a con to find out how old everyone is like was said when I asked if you were still going to be alive in 2077?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Update:

Aidan Markram
Hashmatullah Shahidi
Babar Azam
Marnus Labuschagne
Ben Duckett
Liton Das
Faheem Ashraf
Mohammad Nawaz (3)
Craig Overton
Kuldeep Yadav
Hasan Ali

It still sucks. There's like 3 players at most I'm confident in being top-class players. Even more galling is that 93 and 95 actually look rather promising.

Alas the site in the OP looks like it's dead.
1. Dom Sibley
2. Sami Aslam
3. Imam ul Haq
4. Kusal Mendis
5. Zubayr Hamza
6. Mosaddek Hossain
7. Tom Alsop
8. Jofra Archer
9. Tom Curran
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Musatfizur Rahman

Not really...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Dom Sibley
2. Sami Aslam
3. Imam ul Haq
4. Kusal Mendis
5. Zubayr Hamza
6. Mosaddek Hossain
7. Tom Alsop
8. Jofra Archer
9. Tom Curran
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Musatfizur Rahman

Not really...
Yeah that actually does look kinda **** too. Still take it over the 94's though. Mostly because of the opening bowling pairing, admittedly.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah that actually does look kinda **** too. Still take it over the 94's though. Mostly because of the opening bowling pairing, admittedly.
They would basically have a situation where whichever team manages to crack 200 wins the match.

trundler

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Mujeeb ur Rehman

Edit: no, a year older

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthew Breetzke
Patrick Page
Will Pucovski
Raynard van Tonder
Nazmul Hossain Shanto
Ishan Kishan
Sam Curran
Wiaan Mulder
Keemo Paul
Rashid Khan
Chemar Holder

Batting pretty light (Patty Page hasn't even played FC cricket) but that lower order engine room looks pretty handy

morgieb

Any other way to do this since the list in the OP is dead?
Not in a way that doesn't take hours. I looked at CricInfo age span and cut it off at 24 (the age which people my birth year are at in the last 12 months) to see which of them have been playing as a 24 year old or under in the last 12 months, but even then it's not the greatest alternative.

morgieb

Suppose you could also post the link from the OP in archive.org, but that might miss some recent bloomers.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant

Virendar Sehwag
Lou Vincent
Ed Joyce
Owais Shah
Dominic Thornley
Jacob Oram
Chris Read +
Rangana Herath
Simon Jones
Zaheer Khan
Steve Harmison

Batting a joke apart from Sehwag, bowling quite good but none of them can bat either. Oram is a decent all rounder.

Teuton

International Captain
1980:

1. Alviro Petersen
2. Mohammad Hafeez
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Jimmy Adams
6. Ramnaresh Sarwan
7. Thami Tsolikile (wk)
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Harbajan Sing
10. Danish Kaneria
11. Abdur Rehman

No fast bowlers :( But look at those spinners :D
There is no way Jimmy Adams was born in 1980

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Jeet Raval
Dimuth Karunaratne
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kholi
Ajinkya Rahane
Roshen Silva
John Simpon
Ravindra Jadeja
Tim Southee
Shannon Gabriel
Kemar Roach

Fairly respectable. Enjoy how it just becomes India for a while, could have had Ishant as well. No keepers that have played Tests as far as I can make out.

thierry henry

International Coach

Jeet Raval
Dimuth Karunaratne
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kholi
Ajinkya Rahane
Roshen Silva
John Simpon
Ravindra Jadeja
Tim Southee
Shannon Gabriel
Kemar Roach

Fairly respectable. Enjoy how it just becomes India for a while, could have had Ishant as well. No keepers that have played Tests as far as I can make out.
Mushfiqur Rahim used to be born in 1988 and then it became 1987, I noticed recently