• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James the owner of cricketweb

slippy888

International Captain
He done a lot for this forum but this place is going downhill for sure, there is no in game chats for these big matches anymore and no general cricket chat on the forum, he has to be asking himself questions is this forum worth the hassle anymore.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He done a lot for this forum but this place is going downhill for sure, there is no in game chats for these big matches anymore and no general cricket chat on the forum, he has to be asking himself questions is this forum worth the hassle anymore.
Erm what the **** are you talking about. The India vs NZ Test had about 10 pages of posts in it for one day's play? There's also a fair bit of general chat going on all the time.

The only downside about the forum at the moment is the crappy threads you keep starting, moron.

James

Cricket Web Owner
My first reaction is LOL to be honest, especially to your last point. CW has been running for nearly 15 years now, and won't be going anywhere. It's not a hassle to me whatsoever, far from it.

I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy working with a great bunch of guys who have helped out and continue to help out with the running of the site to provide enjoyment to cricket fans across the world and long may that continue.

There's always room for improvement however, and we'll continue to give every part of the site a touch-up every now and then. Just recently as a start, Jake and Nitesh started kicking off their Podcast again regularly, we upgraded our FC software, introduced a new points system, and started offering prizes for selected competitions.

If you care about CW moving forward, the best way is to get involved in the CW community more, mention CW to friends, and even consider volunteering your time to help with the upkeep of the site.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know you're trolling, but out of interest and even with your trolling hat on, can you name a better cricket forum going around? C'mon, humour us.

brockley

International Captain
This forum is fine,the 1 I moderate in is way down,further,and all the forums I pop my head in are down.
More people are going to Facebook 2 vent their spline.

Woodster

International Captain
I can appreciate the great efforts James and the staff make in order to keep this site functioning, and this remains the best cricket forum around. There's always ups and downs with forums, times when there is a collection of knowledgeable members that make the cricket chat interesting and insightful and times where members simply want to wind each other up with a series of largely irrelevant points, but this does remain clearly the best place for cricket chat to my knowledge, and in my opinion, despite my own lengthy periods of absence.

Fair play to all those that dedicate much of their spare time to the site.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm just glad I wasn't born Slippy

To the OP:
Let your feelings slip boy
But never your mask boy

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This thread seems to have been created mainly in response to a lack of posts during the Pakistan v West Indies T20 series. This doesn't represent a decline though; CW has never been the place to go to chat about bilateral T20 games between teams with small member bases.

Last edited: