• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James the owner of cricketweb

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This forum's activity is perfectly fine FFS. Plenty of other forums are way more dead than this.

If I do have to make a complaint though, I can't think of any big name posters who have joined in the last 18 months or so. mr_mister perhaps the closest?

Burgey

This forum's activity is perfectly fine FFS. Plenty of other forums are way more dead than this.

If I do have to make a complaint though, I can't think of any big name posters who have joined in the last 18 months or so. mr_mister perhaps the closest?
I think that's probably right. I'd describe he crop from the past 18 months as cautious, but sound for the most part. You'd give them a pass mark but there hasn't been a bunch of stand outs like there were back in 2006-2007, for example.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that's probably right. I'd describe he crop from the past 18 months as cautious, but sound for the most part. You'd give them a pass mark but there hasn't been a bunch of stand outs like there were back in 2006-2007, for example.
Around Aug-Sep to be precise

OverratedSanity

Yeah, the lack of newer members is definitely an issue and honestly, it's because the commumity isn't quite as welcoming to newcomers as it could be. It's still better than pretty much any other forum out there but there's room for improvement.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This thread seems to have been created mainly in response to a lack of posts during the Pakistan v West Indies T20 series. This doesn't represent a decline though; CW has never been the place to go to chat about bilateral T20 games between teams with small member bases.
I think my reply was more succint.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, the lack of newer members is definitely an issue and honestly, it's because the commumity isn't quite as welcoming to newcomers as it could be. It's still better than pretty much any other forum out there but there's room for improvement.
We tried to shoo you off but yeah, we generally find new users despite ourselves.

cnerd123

likes this
I defo got scared off when I first came here...needed to cut my teeth over at PlanetCricket before I felt comfortable stepping back into the CW arena.

Maybe we need a feeder forum...CW's version of Domestic Cricket where the n00bs can debate Sachin vs Lara and talk about Murali's action and not be flamed...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Funny thing is, I registered here first but someone told me about cricsim really early when I joined and I ended up rejecting these pricks for those pricks. I got used to the trolling there before I came back here.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

mr_mister and Shady Slim have been saints really.

Although he doesn't technically count, his posting has been mostly in the last 18 months, but TJB warrants a good mention. Got his own CW meme around him after all (Lol u kid).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
one thing is for sure. nothing and no one intimidated Gnske on his debut. He was the Brock Lesnar of CW debuts.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
biggest debut years would be a good discussion.

Pasag was big time. Came out swinging.

Shady Slim

International Coach
mr_mister and Shady Slim have been saints really.

Although he doesn't technically count, his posting has been mostly in the last 18 months, but TJB warrants a good mention. Got his own CW meme around him after all (Lol u kid).
gnske pulling the old "mention me for a free like" i see

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
gnske pulling the old "mention me for a free like" i see
I can guarantee you right now your likes have nothing to do with why I think you're literally the greatest poster I've ever seen or ever will see. And has nothing to do with the fact that I fall into deep depressions when I'm reminded I'll never be as free of vice and evil as your pure and suspiciously friendly soul.