• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier Batsman

Who do you think currently Pakistan's best batsman?

• Inzamam

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Yohanna

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

desai

Cricket Spectator
i remember the days of 92 world cup when everyone was looking at 5 most promising batsmen in world of cricket at that moment... they were inzi from pak, sachin from ind, lara from ws, m waugh from aus and hick from eng...
sachin and lara are on top...we all know what happen to hick...
but i think m waugh and inzi both have similar type of carrer span..
like mark, inzi is bit under achiver... he has some times let the team down.. but overall he has been performing consistantly.. so far he stats are good too.. and he is match winner.....
so that's why inzi is pak's premium batsman

i would have to say yohana because he runs better between the wickets then fat inzy and doesnt hit the ball in the air as much. if we were going on stats though inzy would b the best

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
pontingrulz said:
i would have to say yohana because he runs better between the wickets then fat inzy and doesnt hit the ball in the air as much. if we were going on stats though inzy would b the best
But Inzy just hits fours so he doesn't have to run. Its funny that Inzy's bad run of form conincided with him losing a lot of weight.

iamdavid

International Debutant
ATM its Inzy , he's been around the block a few times & he's more experienced , has done it consistently for longer & looks to still have a few years left.

However I reckon Youhana will be better by the time they have both retired.

Craig

World Traveller
mavric41 said:
But Inzy just hits fours so he doesn't have to run. Its funny that Inzy's bad run of form conincided with him losing a lot of weight.
And he got dropped. Such the madness of the Pakistani selectors.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
And he got dropped. Such the madness of the Pakistani selectors.
His run of scores hardly demanded his selection though did they.

Dropping him seems to have been the wake-up call he needed and he's come back in good touch.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
His run of scores hardly demanded his selection though did they.

Dropping him seems to have been the wake-up call he needed and he's come back in good touch.
He wasnt overly that impressive in NZ especially in the ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pontingrulz said:
I have to wonder how much you've actually watched them.
Inzy is no longer notoriously bad between the wickets, and certainly Youhana hits the ball in the air far more than Inzy does! Both of them tend to hit rather a lot of maximums, though.
IMO, like plenty have said, Inzamam is presently the more accomplished player because his accomplishment is over a longer timespan than Youhana. Who knows, maybe Youhana might be the better player by the end of his career.
Remarkable how quiet he has always been by World standards, though. No-one ever mentions him like they do his partner, despite two hugely impressive averages.
And I don't think it should be overlooked that Youhana was the one who did so much to solve Inzamam's problems with communication between the wickets.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
He wasnt overly that impressive in NZ especially in the ODIs.
I wouldn't call 157 runs in 3 knocks with 2 fifties that bad, which is what he did in the Tests.

OK, his ODI series, 1 knock apart, wasn't great, but his Tests were very good.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I would have said youhana in the last few years but overall Inzamam is pakistans premier batsman.Youhana has the better average in odi but i think Inzamam has a better average in the tests.Youhana has been a major part of why pakistan has won and i would say he is more important in the next few years.But inzy is 34 and Youhana is 29-30 years and has many years left.When inzy does retire it will be very hard to replace him.I also wanted to ask does anyone think Youhana or Inzy could get into the India,Aussie or SA team if they were that nationality

Bouncer

State Regular
He seems a little out of sorts on occeasions but the me there is no question that its Yousaf

Look at the career of Inzi, spotted as a great talent in 1991-92, but he was still not reliable till late 90's, on the other hand if you look at yousaf's career started in 1998. and in Yr. 2000 only in couple of years he started doing the job whcih inzi has been doing after 6+ Yrs of international cricket, with even better cnsistancy.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imranrabb said:
I would have said youhana in the last few years but overall Inzamam is pakistans premier batsman.Youhana has the better average in odi but i think Inzamam has a better average in the tests.Youhana has been a major part of why pakistan has won and i would say he is more important in the next few years.But inzy is 34 and Youhana is 29-30 years and has many years left.When inzy does retire it will be very hard to replace him.I also wanted to ask does anyone think Youhana or Inzy could get into the India,Aussie or SA team if they were that nationality
Inzamam barely averages higher than Yousuf in Tests.

Yousuf Youhana
78 Inns
Tests: 49.4
100s/50s: 10/20
ODIs: 42.89
100s/50s: 9/36

Inzamam-ul-Haq
150 Inns
Tests: 49.85
100s/50s: 18/35
ODIs: 38.93
100s/50s: 9/68

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't call 157 runs in 3 knocks with 2 fifties that bad, which is what he did in the Tests.

OK, his ODI series, 1 knock apart, wasn't great, but his Tests were very good.
Which is clearly way I mentioned ODIs.